Digial Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
- New York, NY
Biz Virtuoso is a consulting firm focused on supporting businesses to clearly identify its ultimate vision and layout the most effective strategies to achieve success. With a proven record of accomplishment with small and medium size companies, we support clients through our innovative consulting, coaching and training process named The Virtuoso Method ™. Each customer is challenged to an interactive program focuses on the assessment, optimization, strategic launch and execution of their businesses to achieve significant increase in profitability.
An opportunity is available for a Digital Marketing Social Media Coordinator to be part of our team. Ideal candidates will have a passionate interest in entrepreneurship, small business, business and economic condition and some experience in multiplatform journalism. This role is responsible for promoting our clients and the company with web content, generating earned media coverage, driving site traffic, reaching marketing benchmarks and social media measures of success.
- Write all publicity materials, press advisories, backgrounders, and pitch letters and produce or collect needed assets for all publicity and digital outreach.
- Distribute approved materials and communicate with social media, online publications and bloggers.
- Develop relationships with and maintain an organized list of bloggers and reporters to which individual stories will be promoted.
- Keep abreast of national news, issues and events through bloggers and social media to constantly strategize how to peg/push company web and broadcast content out.
- Utilize Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc, to execute daily, grassroots-level outreach on behalf of company content, driving mentions, links and video embeds.
- Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to internal and external clients
- Maintain interactive and authentic brand presence across social content discovery sites.
- Monitor and participate in online conversation via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership
- Identify new and emerging social media platforms and applications relevant to our clients industries and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the Production and Web teams on story pitches and enterprise stories.
- Develop, facilitate and manage cross-linking partnerships between company and other media
- Assist in coordinating special events as necessary
- 3-5 years related digital or communications experience including social media for a news website or broadcast operation, including a minimum of two years personally and successfully using the top and emerging social media, social news and content discovery platforms to drive business goals.
- Strong editorial judgment and a facility with a broad range of regional topics, from hard news to features
- Excellent writing, usage, grammar and copyediting skills and a commensurate ability to craft quickly and constantly short, compelling copy
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask and maintain sense of humor in a fast-paced news environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media and effective use of analytic tools and methods
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, preferably in Liberal Arts, Journalism or Communications.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and the pros and cons of using various evolving platforms to track social media reach: (e.g. Bit.ly, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, flowchart Beat, Backtype, Klout, Score.ly)
- Participatory expertise in social media channels including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, Twitter, FaceBook, Wikis, Forums, blogs, etc.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- WordPress, Illustrator and Photoshop are a plus
- Mac proficiency a plus
Send a resume and cover letter about why you are interested in this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.