Websphere Commerce Technical Architect
- St. Louis, MO
Please note that we are looking this position for multiple companies in multiple locations across USA.
Most of our positions also allow telecommuting with some amount of travel (hence you dont need to relocate).
Also, please apply to this position ONLY IF you have a valid work authorization for USA.
The WebSphere Commerce Technical Architect position is a leadership position for individuals with the skills and experience to lead technical engagements focusing on the WebSphere Commerce platform. Our architects are responsible for the delivery and execution of both B2C and B2B eCommerce sites based on the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform. They work tightly with the project leadership team and the technical team to ensure successful project delivery.
- Lead the delivery of WebSphere Commerce based solutions based on client requirements
- Serve as a key member of the solution delivery team by facilitating technical requirements/design sessions, code reviews
- Provide subject matter expertise across IBM Smarter Commerce technologies, specifically around WebSphere Commerce.
- Work with customer personal to identify functional requirements
- Translate customers business requirements into specific e-commerce system requirements
- Gather, analyze and define technical requirements and develop them into Technical Design Documents(TDD)
- Perform code reviews, and apply best practices to implementations
- Design & Develop the following components:
- WebSphere Commerce Extended Site
- WebSphere Commerce Commands
- WebSphere Commerce Dataload
- WebSphere Commerce Storefronts
- Participate in business development activities and provide technical guidance for future solutions
- Create proof of concept implementations with WebSphere Commerce
- Mentor and grow team members to develop technical expertise
- At least 7 years of experience delivering technology-based solutions
- Bachelors degree (Computer Science Preferred)
- Good understanding of the professional services industry
- Experience delivering full lifecycle solution development Strong client relationship management skills
- At least five years of WebSphere Commerce experience
- At least five years implementing B2B/B2C eCommerce sites
- At least five years of J2EE development experience
- Experience with the proposal process in a consultative, solution based sales model
- Ability to present proposal solutions to all levels of client management
- Ability to articulate complex issues and the business value of solutions
- Experience with accurate project estimation and planning
- Proven risk management, issue resolution and change control experience
- Proven management, leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our client offers a full competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.