- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar is the global leader in long-distance carpooling. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people travel!
For more information about us, please visit www.BlaBlaCar.com/DreamJobs
Why join us?
You will join a growing team of 6 amazing people. For now 1 of them are dedicated to collecting the logs and helping improve the Hadoop infrastructure with one architect and 3 others are Data Engineers working hand in hand with the Growth Intelligence team to provide them the best data possible.
The team is waiting for you to build the data tech stack so that each tribe / squad can work autonomously and gather the data the company needs to make the right decisions.
The technologies / languages you will work on include PHP (Symfony2), Java, Python, Hadoop, SQL.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Providing first class data to empower decision making;
- Improving our data infrastructure and making it scale to handle all the items we want to collect on our platform;
- Defining, implementing and making available for everyone new data pipelines.
What you will need to be successful:
- 2-3 years of working experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop/Spark, ...) and using sql and Python/Go/Java;
- Implacable willingness to build massive, solid and reliable tools that scale;
- Excellent problem-solving attitude: technical challenge is our daily routine;
- Enjoy working as a team-player, eagerness to improve your skills on many software architecture, learn from the others and share your knowledge;
- Fun team spirit that embraces the power that agility assigns to developers;
- Good level in English (French is a plus).
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris
- Contract: Long-term contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- Recurring access to technical conferences all over the world;
- Team Hackathons, Coding Nights;
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment;
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces;
- Free carpooling to live our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”;
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
- Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other;
- And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please send your CV (in English and PDF format) and answer the questions asked during the application process.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will have a first call, followed by two in-house interview sessions.