- Paris, FR, Paris, France
BlaBlaCar: a high growth, global company is looking for talent, experience and passion
A successful and innovative global start-up, backed by world-class venture capital firms, Accel Partners and Index Ventures, our HQ are based in Paris and we have international teams in Madrid, Milan, Warsaw, Hamburg, Moscow, Budapest, London, Istanbul, Mexico City and New Delhi.
We are creating an entirely new, people powered, transport network. With dedicated customer service, state of the art web and mobile platforms, and a highly engaged community of users, BlaBlaCar is making road travel fun, money-saving and more efficient.
Read more about us here: http://www.blablacar.com/blog/blablacar-press
Check out WIREDs feature article "BLABLACAR HAS TURNED RIDE-SHARING INTO A MULTI-MILLION-EURO BUSINESS" here: http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2015/05/features/blablacar
Being part of the BlaBlaCar team means:
- you will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to make road travel smarter and more sustainable,
- you will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of dynamic, hyper-motivated and talented individuals,
- you will join a global company, with a real international culture and vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile :)
- you will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and empowers every single member to reach their full potential, and continue learning,
- you will enter a high-growth structure which means that you will be constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and change regularly.
Some more good reasons to join us:
In addition to working with fun, passionate, dynamic and smart groups, BlaBlaCar team members get a ton of perks:
- Challenge: the opportunity to grow within a fast-paced, progressive company;
- Pride & Fun: we live by our value “Fun & Serious” and you’ll work for a startup that is one of the hottest in Europe (Wired top 100 ranking) and also one of the most motivating (we received the very unique “Fun & Performing” award from the Great Place to Work Institute);
- Learning environment: a key value is “Share more. Learn more.” We share our knowledge extensively and learn a lot from each other on a daily basis. We also participe in various International Conferences!
- Off-site adventures: in addition to regular events during the year, you can spend one week abroad in another BlaBlaOffice (BlaBlaSwap) and to spend 3-days all hands ski week-ends in the French Alps (BlaBlaBreak);
- Ridesharing: all ridesharing is reimbursed following our motto: “Think it, build it, use it”;
- Beginning: smooth welcome thanks to onboarding sessions and a personal mentor.
As a member of the product team you are responsible for the experience and the evolution of the user interfaces of our site and mobile apps. You will work with our product managers and our tech team to create a unified and intuitive experience for our users.
In particular, you will have to :
- Design intuitive and elegant UX solutions to the problems raised at each new product iteration
- Create new interfaces for the web and mobile, from the wireframe all the way to the final design
- Provide engineers with precise designs as well as any new interface elements ready for integration, and collaborate with them if necessary during integration
- Improve the site’s interfaces and strive to enhance the look and cohesiveness of the entire experience
- Prepare and perform usability tests with users to gather direct feedback and then synthesise them to present them to the rest of the team
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities :
- 3+ years of experience in Experience design for major sites with a strong community and/or an important e-commerce aspect
- Strong experience with mobile sites and/or apps
- An excellent eye for quality design. You should be able to recognize a good UX and to explain where it excels or fails
- You are comfortable using Sketch, Invision & Axure (Framer appreciated)
- A good knowledge of HTML/CSS: you already know that your designs are easy to integrate and have an idea of how it’s going to be done
- Excellent communication skills: you are capable of explaining the logic behind the choice made while creating a new interface, from the point of view of both the user (UX-centric) and BlaBlaCar (business-centric).
- A real gift for solving complex UX problems, and a real passion towards creating exceptional interfaces
- Fluent in French and/or English
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application. Besides good websites/mobile apps, we want to see that you’ve already built great interfaces.
- Start : ASAP
- Contract : Full time
- Salary : Depending on experience
- Position : Based in Paris
To apply, please send us your CV, cover letter and your answers to the following questions as an attachment:
- Why do you wish to join the BlaBlaCar team?
- What is your experience with carsharing?
- What part of the creative process do you prefer: wireframing or interface design?
- How to ensure that the styleguide is maintained and used?
- Name different ways of doing user testing.
Please note that without all these elements, your application won't be reviewed by our hiring team.