Quality Assurance Specialist
- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar is the global leader in long-distance ridesharing. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people travel!
For more information about us, please visit www.BlaBlaCar.com/DreamJobs
Why join us?
You will join one of our dedicated agile cross-skills tribes (Growth, Monetize, Care, Trust,…), operating as a mini-startup within BlaBlaCar. Each tribe is comprised of great profiles with a strong entrepreneurial mindset: backend engineer, mobile engineer, front-end engineer, UX designer, QA specialist, product manager, ops and data scientist. You will also belong to the larger Tech group, a talented crew of developers spread across the organization in other agile teams with whom you can share core skills and knowledge.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Reviewing and finding gaps in functional specifications for new features before they're built;
- Designing, coordinating, and executing test plans for new features and bug fixes;
- Communicating testing progress and reporting final results;
- Investigating any tools that could improve our QA workflow;
- Establishing, following, and evangelizing testing best practices to the entire Tech team;
- Inspiring confidence in BlaBlaCar's technology.
What you will need to be successful:
- A strong analytical mind and great attention to detail;
- Broad experience with and deep understanding of web and mobile technologies;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, applicable to any audience;
- Discipline, rigor, and comfort in learning complex products;
- Natural curiosity about how things work, and instinct for how they might break;
- Experience with test automation tools or a software engineering background is a huge plus;
- Be humble, motivated by innovation, and a relentless doer;
- Be passionate about working as part of a team and learning from skilled colleagues;
- This role will not require management skills.
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Long-term contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- Recurring access to technical conferences all over the world;
- Team Hackathons (complimentary sleeping bag);
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment;
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces;
- Free ridesharing to live our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”;
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
- Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other;
- And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs.