Legal Counsel Germany
- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar is the global leader in long-distance ridesharing. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people travel!
For more information about us, please visit www.BlaBlaCar.com/DreamJobs
Why join us?
We are looking to expand our legal team and seeking a lawyer to provide assistance with commercial legal issues in the German jurisdiction. Therefore, we are searching for a talented and business oriented lawyer to join our Paris team and support the high speed growth and international expansion of the business.
What you will directly contribute to
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Dealing with data protection issues in Germany and possibly in other EU jurisdictions;
- Ensuring compliance with consumer laws in Germany;
- Supporting the business teams in Germany and other jurisdictions by providing creative solutions while ensuring compliance with regulations;
- Managing litigation and disputes;
- Supporting corporate matters in Germany;
- Supporting the company’s efforts in relation to public policy, as required;
- Supporting the Employment Counsel regarding German employment issues;
- Providing support in other jurisdictions as required, with the support of outside counsel.
- All other matters which arise in the day to day running of an expanding business.
What you will need to be successful
- Between 4 and 7 years of experience as a qualified German lawyer, with experience preferably with start-ups and new technology companies, either in-house or in private practice;
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with a range of commercial issues such as e-commerce, data protection and consumer protection;
- Qualification as a German lawyer mandatory
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- Expertise in intellectual property law;
- Experience in public policy and labour law will be a bonus;
- Business oriented, creative and solution driven mind-set;
- Autonomy and sense of initiative;
- Ability to work fast and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn new areas of law;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- German native speaker, Fluent in English, speaking French would be a bonus;
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris
- Contract: Permanent contract
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free ridesharing to experience our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each others
- BlaBlaSwap which allows you to work one week per year from one of our 10+ offices around the globe
- And many more to check out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs
What is next