SENIOR I.T. TECHNICIAN
- Bear Lake, MI
When Blarney Castle #2 gas station first opened its doors in Bear Lake in 1933, the station’s owner - Denny McCarthy – prided himself on providing “superior customer service.” More than 75 years later, three generations of McCarthys continue this commitment to putting our customers first.
As it was in 1933, Blarney Castle Oil and Propane is a Michigan-based, family-owned business. With more than 95 EZ Mart convenience store locations, propane and fuel oil service, commercial fuel and bulk lubricant sales, our primary goal is satisfying our customers.
The Senior Information Technology Technician will configure, maintain and monitor computer networks, servers, peripherals and resident software applications and also ensure that the solutions are configured efficiently, securely and are well documented. The incumbent also analyzes and recommends solutions for infrastructure software and hardware systems and peripherals for use throughout all company operations (excluding retail point of sale systems) and also contributes to company plans and goals as requested. The Senior Information Technology Technician is responsible for developing and maintaining an adequate disaster recovery plan. The incumbent also directs and coordinates daily work assignments for the IT Technician.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Procurement, Installation and maintenance of the computer network which includes the setup and configuration of firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, spam filters and similar devices, network protocols, and addressing schemes.
- Monitor performance of network communication lines and equipment to include configuring and ensuring proper functioning. Reviews network security logs and resolves any concerns.
- Installation and maintenance of the network servers which includes loading Operating Systems and other software as appropriate; applying software updates as available; ensuring that applicable services are running and functional; and ensuring that programs and resulting data are protected against viruses and are properly backed up.
- Installation and maintenance of resident network server software applications which includes ensuring that all authorized users have proper access as well as monitoring that users are conforming to policies related to the use of technology, which includes terminals, laptops, desktops, phones with similar capabilities and any other similar end user device.
- Procurement, Installation and maintenance of personal computers and thin clients, including peripherals. Ensures adequate protection against viruses. Limits user access to business use only. Assists users with problem identification (Help Desk). Repairs hardware problems and resolves software issues with the operating system, virus protection, work processing, spreadsheet, email. Forwards ERP system issues to appropriate module coordinator.
- Procurement, Installation and maintenance of printers and multi-function printers/copiers/faxes connected to the network.
- Reviews services and charges from contracted IT service providers.
- Develop/modify customer reports as modular/application coordination of profiles.
- Monitor stock of equipment and track equipment in a database.
- Develop/modify customer reports as module/application coordinator.
- Provides software training as requested.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent and three to five years of progressive experience in the field. Microsoft or Cisco network certifications desired.
The responsibilities of this position may entail on-call inquiries from various sources after normal working hours.