Senior Network Administrator/Architect
- San Jose, CA
Our client is a growing company in Carson City Nevada looking for an experienced Senior Network Administrator/Architect to add to its growing company. Please review the job description along with the qualifications and if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks and assignments listed on a daily bases please send us your resume to be contact for an interview.
The successful candidate must demonstrate initiative and will be energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, organized, and will take ownership of all assigned tasks. You will work independently and in a team environment. The candidate will also be expected to prioritize and execute projects and tasks in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and will possess the ability to multi-task while working well with others. The successful candidate will also be able to quickly identify network, system and user issues and provide quick resolution.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written presentation
- Experience and knowledge of the following: Server 2003/2008, SQL Server 2005/2008, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2010, DHCP, DNS, VMware, Linux and Symantec End-Point.
- Experience with T-SQL: be able to write: Queries/Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers (Strongly Preferred).
- Experience implementing, supporting and managing network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches and virtual switches.
- Manage IP-Phone System: Add, move, and make necessary changes to a Mitel 5000 System.
- Manage the Helpdesk assignment queue through the request tracking system and apply good time management skills. You must be able to balance end-user support requests, projects and increasingly complex issues.
- Design, implement, and document network services. • Maintain, manage and update hardware/software based on organization’s needs.
- Network monitoring and incident response.
- Perform scheduled and emergency network maintenance.
- Be resourceful and handle issues with little or no supervision while using good judgment.
- Assist the Systems Director with all other advanced IT projects including technology upgrades to the company infrastructure or other special projects.
- 24/7 on-call availability for escalation issues with critical company services.
- Some lifting 50lbs +/- (desktops, routers, switches, etc.) may be required.
- Desired certifications: MCP, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, VCP
Job Duties: Take customer case escalations from our customer support organization, trouble shoot and resolve customer issues, communicate resolutions and progress using a case management system.
- Network monitoring and incident response • Implement, support, and manage network devices
- Perform scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Assist in the design and implementation of custom network implementations to meet customer deadlines
- Deploy and manage network management and monitoring systems
- Some night, morning, and weekend work will be required.
- College Degree Preferred
- Microsoft Certifications (Desirable)
- VMWare Certification (Desirable)
- Cicso Certification (Desirable)
** This is a senior level position we are not looking to train someone.