Service Desk Analyst
- Toronto, Canada
Blueprint is the world-leader in collaborative Requirements Definition and Management (RDM) solutions. Blueprint makes life easier for Business Analysts by automating the tedious, time-consuming elements of every requirements initiative – and transforming the business-IT relationship into a visual, engaging collaboration.
We strive to attract the best talent. Our team members are creative and innovative, and strive for the highest bar of customer value.
Want to join the Blueprint team? If you are a mult-tasker with a “can-do” attitude that wants to join a market leader in a rapidly growing market segment, Blueprint is the company for you!
Blueprint is seeking Service Desk Analyst to address external, end-user, product support issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude. The Service Desk Analyst will triage and track external support tickets and will be responsible for timely and effective resolutions. This role will require the individual to effectively manage client expectations while assist them in resolving product related incidents.
- Accurately log and update incident records held within the incident management system.
- Prioritize tickets accordingly, as per our standard service level objectives.
- Provide one-on-one, end-user support and incident resolution via telephone and e-mail.
- Resolve customer’s product issues, leveraging all available resources including the known error database.
- Conduct remote diagnosis sessions with customers to resolve product issues promptly.
- Recognize and escalate more complex issues promptly.
- Update ticket with appropriate evidence to aid Development in providing an appropriate software fix.
- Use incident log entries to identify repeating problem trends.
- Identify product quality issues and enhancements and progress to Product Management using the Problem Management process.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of direct work experience in a Service Desk support capacity.
- Ability to diagnose problems with software products running on a Microsoft operating environment.
- Experience with Windows XP, 7 & Server 2003/2008 operating systems essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- Sound judgment when escalating incidents to more senior members within the Support organization.
- Knowledge of help desk management software tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language with a strong customer service mindset.
- Able to set realistic expectations and timelines with the customer.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Team player, able to work under pressure.
What we offer
- A startup environment with flexible work hours, no dress code and a passionate, engaged team
- Downtown office location, steps from TTC
- A competitive compensation package and have a great track record of paying annual bonuses