Office Administrator /Administrative Assistant
- Toronto, Canada
Blueprint is an enterprise software company that helps many of the world’s most sophisticated organizations build the right software. We believe that getting the requirements right really matters. Our solution provides an innovative blend of design and prototyping, collaboration, and publishing in a very rich web based application.
Blueprint is searching for an energetic and motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator will provide administrative support to the CEO, CFO, Board of Directors and other business units as needed. This individual is also responsible for all office management activities of Blueprint’s Toronto headquarters and will provide support to other Blueprint office functions globally as required.
- Prepare a range of correspondence for signature by Executives.
- Proof read materials prepared by Executives for consistency, grammar and spelling.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings for Executives & Board of Directors. Handle logistics (e.g. contact meeting participants and coordinate responses, compose meeting materials and follow-up correspondence with input and review by Executives). Follow up on action items and report status to Executives/meeting attendees.
- Arrange conference calls and WebEx meetings for Executives, occasionally involving a global audience.
- Independently coordinate travel arrangements for Executives & Chairman. Support with travel documentation and procedures (itineraries, visa/passport procedures).
- Manage calendar/diary activity, including coordination of appointments for Executives. Keep Executives informed as needed.
- Open and distribute the mail.
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment.
- Assist the Executives with coordination of financing, Board of Directors & Shareholder activities (e.g. correspondence, notices, consents, AGM, shareholder meetings, minutes, Due Diligence documentation).
- Assist with verifying, processing and filing of expense reports.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks in support of other areas of the business as needed.
- Responsible for management of contract administration (electronic and hardcopy). Improve/update mechanisms for filing and tracking as required.
- File all Board of Directors & Shareholder-related minutes and correspondence. Improve/update mechanisms for filing and tracking as required.
- Maintain Board of Director & Shareholders contact list.
- Expense Reporting
- Responsible for general reception (e.g. greeting visitors, answering general office line, etc.).
- Responsible for managing office supplies inventory, ordering, and vendor relations (e.g. office supplies, coffee, water, furniture, etc.).
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Responsible for daily up-keep of office environment including meeting rooms and kitchen area.
- Coordinate all corporate event and Executive meeting logistics including, Offsite Executive Retreats, Holiday Party and other special events (e.g. catering, invitations, venue selection, etc.).
- Responsible for proactively addressing all issues relating to the management of the Toronto office.
- A minimum of 5 years of general administration experience.
- 2-3 years of experience supporting Executives and Board of Directors.
- Working experience in high growth and professional environment preferred.
- Post secondary degree or certification in Business Administration or Executive Assistance/Administration.
- Able to quickly absorb new information regarding clients/projects/processes and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as WebEx.
- Able to work well with all levels of management, staff, outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and remain objective while working with sensitive and confidential materials.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Resourcefulness and proactive.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills in reviewing and compiling data.
What we offer
- A startup environment with flexible work hours, no dress code and a passionate, engaged team
- Downtown office location, steps from TTC
- A competitive compensation package and have a great track record of paying annual bonuses