Seeking a Small Business Marketing Master
- Columbus, OH
Gong Gong Communications is looking for a marketing specialist to assist in providing results to our clients and target market. We are a growing company which provides exemplary marketing and design services to small businesses locally and around the world. This fun, fast-paced position revolves primarily around marketing strategy, copywriting, and social media engagement.
The Responsibilities & Details
- Researching, writing, and creating strategic marketing plans
- Interviewing and analyzing client businesses, their industries, etc.
- Promotion/campaign strategy
- Creating and implementing editorial calendars
Social Media Engagement
- Writing, posting, scheduling, and monitoring social posts on various social networks
- Monitoring, gathering statistical data, and reporting to clients
- Custom Facebook page development (using 3rd party tools and software)
- Compile content and create e-mails/e-newsletters
- Thorough proofreading and reviewing of e-mails
- Managing mailing lists (including coordination with clients, our admin, etc.)
- Ghostwriting blog posts (including research)
- Website and marketing copy
- Thorough proofreading and editing
- Editing and adding content via website's CMS (ie: Joomla, WordPress)
- Working with designer and developer in the planning of new websites
- Researching and writing content
- Working one-on-on with clients
- Orchestrating projects with clients and other staff members
- Managing projects from start to finish, including deadlines and editorial calendars
Internal Marketing and Communications
- Blog posts
- E-mail marketing
- Social media engagement
- Marketing collateral
The position is full-time and we'll consider accommodating the need for flexible schedules and/or some work-from-home time. Our offices are located in Westerville, Ohio. Position reports directly to business owner.
This description is designed to be a good representation of the position requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
Please see below to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field (graduates in any field of study are welcome to apply, however you must have ample professional experience)
- 2-4 years' experience in marketing, design, social media engagement, etc.
- Strong written and verbal abilities
- Candidate must be well-versed in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), the Internet, and social networking sites
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a plus
- Ability to manage projects and tasks and stay on top of schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong time management
- Self-motivated, energetic self-starter with the desire to learn and grow
- Interested in working with small businesses
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with a team
How to Apply
Please submit a:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
- Resume or CV
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone who does not submit the above items will not be considered! (After all, we want someone who follows instructions!) Please no phone calls!
We believe in equal opportunity and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking environment. This description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. We need people who will see what is needed and help us get the job done!