- Columbus, OH
Central Ohio Top 25-ranked* employee benefits company specializing in providing upscale individual and client services and benefits consulting.
Seeking a Benefits Specialist for a central Ohio Top 25-ranked* employee benefits company specializing in providing upscale individual and client services and benefits consulting. This position is responsible for working directly with clients to identify healthcare benefit needs; assist with plan design; and to provide information and education to clients on plans and options. This position requires multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines and varied expectations. It also requires a high level of self-direction, confidentiality, and professionalism, as well as the ability to think quickly and creatively and respond as needed. A good attitude is a must as this position is essential in contributing to the overall success of the company.
The right candidate needs to have at least 3 years’ experience in benefits, be L&H licensed, and willing to begin at 30 hours per week (with a goal to grow into 40 hours per week). We are seeking someone who has a high work standard, outstanding ethics, strong written and verbal skills, and exceptional attention to detail. We take our clients’ benefits needs seriously.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter, outlining why you’re the right fit, to email@example.com, our HR partner.
Essential skills/characteristics: The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience and characteristics.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail as related to policies, communication and documentation, as well as general team environment.
- Positive and engaging personality both in-person and on the telephone to support productive and effective client interactions.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude to identify potential problems and opportunities, resolve issues early, negotiate plans, and help the company increase its visibility and reach its revenue goals.
- Deadline oriented and detail driven to ensure maximum operational efficiencies and compliance with critical timelines/schedules and third-party needs.
- Critical thinking to evaluate multiple solutions and recommend the best as related to company and client needs for the most positive outcome for all stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills required to produce regular communications to various stakeholders, including employees, customers, healthcare organizations, insurance companies, vendors, etc., and conduct employee presentations.
- Integrity and high value on ethical and moral behavior regarding business operations, client confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
- Continued interest in learning and personal development to grow as a leader, to understand the benefits industry, and to help the company continue growing.
Credentials and Education and Experience:
- Current Life, Health & Annuity license required; company will help candidate obtain.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in benefits administration, benefits account management or related field.
- Post-secondary education strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
- Resume or CV
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.