- Swannanoa, NC
The Borgen Project fights for the underdog.The Borgen Project believes that leaders of the most powerful nation on earth should be doing more to address global poverty. The Borgen Project is the innovative, international campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
Learn more about The Borgen Project at: http://borgenproject.org
Advocates operate independently from home and maintain contact with The Borgen Project's Seattle office. Advocates sign a 3-month contract. The position is volunteer based and is roughly 4-6 hours per week. Directors attend a conference call every Monday evening.
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call every week (5PM PDT, 6PM MDT,7PM CDT, 8PM EDT).
- Serve as an ambassador for the world's poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project's in your city. Attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs
Duration: Minimum of 3 months
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Function: Advocate for the world’s poor.
/***This position is volunteer/unpaid position*****/
.HOW TO APPLY: To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.