Sr. Vehicle Build Technician
- Plymouth, MI
Bosch's active safety systems recognize hazardous driving situations and intervene to prevent accidents. If an accident is unavoidable, passive safety systems provide protection for vehicle occupants and reduce the risk of injury. Driver assistance systems offer drivers not only comfort but increasingly support in safety-critical situations. Our competence lies in the networking of active and passive safety systems with driver assistance systems. As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, Robert Bosch LLC has made its Farmington Hills and Plymouth Michigan facilities the headquarters for its North American automotive businesses. These facilities house more than 1,700 associates who are dedicated to improving relationships with our customers and furthering Bosch's technologies.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Prototype vehicle build technician supporting the build, instrumentation & repair of all CC Active Safety vehicle testing in support of Chassis Controls modulation applications.
- Typically on your feet standing 6-8 hours per day (Typical Hours: 6AM-2:30PM or 7AM-3:30)
- Laying and crawling in vehicle passenger compartment under dash stringing harnesses and thermocouple wires
- Reaching and lifting 50-125 lbs routinely, removing ballast, seats and equipment, tires and rims
- Requires travel to off-site locations (flying/driving)
-Must be willing to travel to Test Track sites in Flat Rock MI and Baudette MN)
- Operating forklift to unload equipment/weight slabs from trucks
-High School Diploma or equivalent
-2 years of experience (can include academic experience) working as a automotive mechanic, hands on experience that includes experience with vehicle wiring schematic's with the use of electrical diagnostic tools
- Installation of all test data acquisition systems and Installation and repair of all brake hardware & controls.
- Wire harness build and Hydraulic line fabrication/bending & joining.
- Pressure/volume measurements.
- Vehicle wheel alignment and Tire installation & balancing
- Fabrication (welding, cutting, bending) and Desk-top computer skills (Vehicle Test Database use)
- Vehicle build support at off-site locations (Baudette, MN 2-6 weeks per winter)
- Debug & troubleshoot various sensor & instrumentation issues and support the transportation of prototype vehicles between various Bosch/customer locations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.