Driver Assistance Systems (Radar Development for Commercial Vehicles) – Application Engineer
- Plymouth, MI
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops, manufactures and supplies precision components and systems - including body electronics, chassis and powertrain products - for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. Since its foundation 1886, the company accelerates the progress of Automotive Technology with continued innovations. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- Responsible for vehicle testing / system integration / application / validation / requirements engineering for radar based driver assistance functions (e.g. adaptive cruise control (ACC), predictive emergency brake systems(AEB) , blind spot detection (BSD) and autonomous driving functions (HAD/AD/ADAS)).
- Responsible for radar vehicle integration, debugging / troubleshooting using automotive development tools such as CANalyzer, CANape and Matlab,
- Responsible for bench and vehicle testing (public road and test track)
- In-vehicle and simulation/bench performance calibration of radar sensor based algorithms to meet both objective and subjective customer and Bosch performance specifications.
- Responsible for evaluating customer specifications and translating the system requirements into Rational DOORS, evaluate requirements and test coverage, and support issue / defect tracking
- Define and document test cases / test strategy, analyze and document test data / results
- Recommend software / logic changes for performance issues that cannot be solved via parameter tuning
- Ensure system development, validation and delivery according to guidelines and processes in place
- Support test drives with customer
- First point of contact for OEM on application topics, prepare technical presentations for customer.
- Bachelor's in an Engineering Discipline.
- 3+ years experience with vehicle and system test and release procedures in automotive or other vehicle development industries.
- 2+ years experience in systems / requirements engineering, including requirement definition, translating, analysis and development.
- Master's in a Technical Discipline.
- Knowledge of driver assistance sensor technologies and functions, high interest to work on exciting new driver assistance technologies.
- Good written / verbal communication and presentation skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customer.
- Flexible, willing to travel (4-8 weeks / year) and participate in test drives (international travel possible)
- Good English skills verbal / written (additional languages encouraged).
- Comfortable with test activities in vehicles.
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and driver assistance Interfaces.
- Capable to understand C-code and make small software changes
- Valid driver license.
- Strong software engineering exposure/experience (C/C++).
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment, innovative thinking.
- Knowledge of automotive sector, preferably in the Driver Assistance
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) preferred.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion