Urgent Care Patient Care Technician
- Youngstown, OH
We are comprised of experienced practice administrators, clinicians, IT/network specialists, programmers, along with hardware and software specialists and other professionals in healthcare. All have worked with a variety of specialties; from startup to providing ongoing support; in both the public and private sectors. We can provide you with superior positioning for electronic medical records, selection, clinical marketing, practice administration, credentialing, feasibility studies, and compliance issues.General Summary:
This postion has the responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of wound care.
Provides direct patient care and education to assigned patients.
Is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and other activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
2. Provides consultation and assistance to staff/caregivers regarding wound management of patients with potential or actual alteration in skin integrity (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN).
3. Assesses patient to determine etiological factors for skin breakdown (per state guidelines if LPN/LVN). Develops comprehensive wound management plan and assists staff in wound care when indicated.
4. Serves as a primary wound care educator for patients / families with wound care issues.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
8. Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
As a hard working healthcare professional, you deserve peace of mind in knowing that your practice is maximizing its profitability with efficiency. We promise to assist you in realizing the growth potential of your practice and maximizing your revenues. We tackle growth profitability issues and feasibility studies. We promise to help you to practice medicine efficiently, profitably, and securely, with little down time.