Content Strategist (Writer)
- Menlo Park, CA, USA
Brainrider is a marketing services agency with teams in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, LA, Toronto, London, helping our clients plan, build, run, and measure beautiful, effective marketing and communication programs.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
This is a full-time embedded position working 100% on-site at our client's office in the Bay Area. Relocation is not provided.
Brainrider is looking for an experienced content creator and storyteller to join our embedded client team, partnering closely with our client's thought leaders to write clear and succinct communications across a variety of settings and styles that help teams more effectively share their ideas.
Our ideal candidate will be able to parse information from existing documents creating compelling narratives and well written messaging on behalf of partners across different audiences and regions. Your superpower is being able to work cross-functionally to create accurate, clear, and brand-relevant copy suitable for all digital platforms. You are comfortable editing and proofreading your own work and can work autonomously without losing sight of the value of collaboration and open communication. Organization, attention to detail and a commitment to high standards will be the key to succeeding in this role.
- Refining and adding content for various deliverables as needed, often working with the project requester to better understand their subject matter and goals, helping to translate those into stronger content
- Collaborating closely with Client partners to develop an understanding of the personality and communication style and adjust deliverables to fit that style
- Consistently double check the accuracy of information and work product output
- Understand learning objectives and proof outlines and drafts to ensure that learning objectives are addressed in the content
- Create accurate, clear, and brand-relevant copy suitable for all digital platforms
- Utilize best practices to ensure all deliverables support wider online objectives such as back linking, SEO optimization and keyword utilization
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to cultural and gender issues in verbal and written communication
- Prioritize information effectively and keep others informed on the status of assigned work as well as any issues that may affect them
- As needed, help proof final deliverables and ensure final content appears as intended
- Proven ability to write engaging content in a real-time environment that can stimulate user interaction, discussion and engagement
- 8-10+ years of experience writing in different platforms (Web, Social, Educational) for a wide variety of industries
- Experience working with Director and VP level leadership
- Impeccable grammar and technical writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, or Advertising/Marketing with copywriting focus or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn and embody a range of tones and voices in written form, given the diversity of project types and teams we work with
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the digital advertising industry, including exposure to digital marketing and media
Competitive annual salary, plus 15 days PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits.
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters please.