Web Technologies Guru
- Chicago, IL
Founded in 2011, and based in Chicago, we design software that enhances productivity and communication. More than one million people around the world – from students and teachers to top Wall Street investors, lawyers and Hollywood screenwriters – use our technology to empower their work.
Our award-winning iAnnotate allows users to read, mark up and share documents on a tablet. Building on our success, we are launching a platform that fundamentally re-imagines productivity software and sharing ideas.
Our team brings together diverse talents and unparalleled expertise in fields including computer science, cognitive science, business, and communication. We offer access to the very best technology, amazing perks, and a challenging, collaborative work environment.
We're looking for the best engineers out there to join our team and help bring our new game-changing product to market.
Do you live and breathe web technologies? Are you up-to-date on the frameworks that are bringing richer and richer functionality to the browser? We're looking for someone to bring our new user-interaction-heavy software application to the web, providing a user experience that rivals our native desktop and mobile apps.
You'll be part of a small, high-caliber development team, focusing primarily on rich web application development; you'll be developing a parallel web experience to our UI/UX-rich desktop and mobile applications. This is likely to involve heavy work on both the server-side and the client-side. You'll be expected to work independently, researching relevant technologies and developing the framework for our next generation of web-based applications.
This is a senior-level position with a lot of responsibility. You will be an integral part of the team, with the expectation that you will contribute substantially to new product development, product design, and strategy as well as implementation.
- 5+ years of software development experience using web technologies
- Expert in all facets of modern web development
- Passion for following the latest trends in web technologies
- Client and server performance optimization
- Passion for delivering new products to end users
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize and work independently
Extra consideration will be given to candidates with interest in or experience with the following:
- Experience with server-side development (esp. Python/MySQL/MongoDB)
- Expeience of other programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, Ruby)
- Please submit resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for Branchfire
The engineering team environment is fast-paced and casual. You will be working on a small development team with very smart and experienced peers, building truly innovative products for end users.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.