- San Diego, CA
BrightScope (www.BrightScope.com) is a rapidly growing financial information and software analytics firm helping the world’s leading financial institutions make the world’s most targeted decisions. We deliver best-in-class enterprise software that serves as the engine for sales and distribution intelligence for many of the most respected brands in the financial service marketplace. BrightScope has quickly captured national praise and gained substantial market traction. BrightScope has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Fortune, Forbes, Fast Company, BusinessWeek, CNNMoney and many other financial media outlets. BrightScope is an EEO employer.
We currently are looking to add a strong Sales Operations Specialist to our Sales Support team. This person will be responsible for supporting tactical day to day administration and operation of the Salesforce platform and related processes, workflows and reporting efforts. They will work with internal business partners to create opportunities for additional client retention efforts, implement sales & marketing campaigns, and prepare business reports to help inform decision-making by senior management. The Business Analyst needs to have a strong understanding of current CRM best practices and trends as they will be responsible for driving and fostering improvements to the internal customer experience on an ongoing basis.
You must enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will frequently be asked to tackle challenges. Critical thinking, multitasking and problem solving skills are a must, as well as keen attention to detail and follow-through. This position requires an analytical approach to solving problems, excellent communication skills and the ideal candidate is a self-starter, tech-savvy, and a quick learner.
- Prepare Salesforce and Excel-based reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and accurately gauge the success of product improvements and business initiatives
- Build Salesforce reports and dashboards to make critical business information readily accessible for senior management
- Administer BrightScope’s Salesforce account, currently used by 20 users and growing, ensuring data integrity, monitoring the lead queues, de-duping contacts, etc.
- Manage Salesforce integration with accounting system (Intacct), billing system (Zuora), customer support system (desk.com), and various other Salesforce applications
- Optimize the way we use Salesforce to improve the sales and customer support processes
- Reconcile active customer accounts in Salesforce with actual product access
- Support data-driven marketing campaigns to help improve customer engagement and retention
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams in lead generation, marketing campaign management and client acquisition
- Support the product team by providing quantitative analysis of clients’ data in support of product enhancements
- Provide support for client billing and internal budget planning activities
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 2+ years of experience in sales support, business analysis, or related field
- Experience administering Salesforce
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Self-confidence to question the status quo
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direction
The following is strongly preferred:
- Salesforce administrator certification a strong plus
- Experience using web analytics tools
- Previous work experience or training in the financial services industry
- Experience working with enterprise/SaaS products
- Knowledge of database management and/or information systems
- Project management experience
Compensation is DOE incl. health insurance, company equity, 401k match, PTO/Sick