- 4401 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327, USA
What We Do:
Brightwell is a fintech company offering end-to-end payment solutions through cutting edge technology and unparalleled support, serving cruise lines such as Carnival Cruise Lines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Princess, Costa, and AIDA. Our comprehensive suite of payment distribution products helps our clients reduce costs, improve security, streamline cash management, and improve employee retention. Our mission is to deliver financial control to our user base of more than 200k global workers by offering dependable, secure, and flexible banking options. Coupling technological innovation with strategic partnerships, Brightwell offers options when it comes to managing and moving money to family, friends, or bank accounts while on the go from around the globe.
Who We Need
We are searching for an iOS Developer to join our crew. As our ideal iOS Developer you should come in prepared to roll up your sleeves to make a big impact on a quickly-growing product and be prepared to learn the company's codebase and development processes quickly, and then use your skills and abilities to implement and enhance features. We are also searching for someone with an eye for great user experiences.
The team consists of a group of engineers who like challenging problems and learning new technologies; who embrace rapid-prototyping and innovation; and who enjoy being pioneers in launching innovative products and experiences. You will work in an engineering and product-centric culture, using the best and latest technologies.
Above and beyond the raw skills, we’re looking for people with a few key traits:
- Team Player – We have a passion for building high-performing teams. We know high-performing teams are unstoppable when everyone is rowing in the same direction.
- Problem Solver – We are solving a macroeconomic problem every day we walk through the door. It’s exciting. It’s challenging. And at the end of the day, you’re doing something that matters.
- Loves a bit of chaos – Let’s be honest… We’re building a product that is growing exponentially. We move fast. That speed creates a level of excitement.
- Empathy – Being nice really does matter! We’re a FinTech company in the business of actually helping people and are looking for others who put that same level of thought into how our end users live and use our product.
Feel good about everything above? If so, keep reading…
What You’ll Do
- Design and build customer-facing apps for the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with the product team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Create well-written, self-documenting code that always assumes the worst. You care about writing structured, readable and well-designed code, while following best practices.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Work on bug-fixing and improving app performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technology.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary, agile team to design, implement, and deploy new features.
- Effectively work with support and engineering to troubleshoot, isolate, identify and fix app issues.
- Maintain robust, well-documented, organized, readable code.
As an iOS Developer, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years experience as an iOS developer working on relevant, consumer-facing applications.
- Familiarity with most/many areas of the iOS API.
- Passion for Swift.
- Experience with collaborative source control, preferably Git (or Git with Azure).
- Comfortable with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Build and Integration methodologies.
- The ability to defeat any bug that comes your way.
- Experience developing customer-facing, commercial iOS apps.
- Proficient with Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Solid understanding of Apple’s design principles.
- Working knowledge of web architecture and protocols (REST APIs, WebSockets, HTTP, JSON etc.).
- Familiarity with push notifications and back-end APIs.
- Experience with Git or equivalent software configuration management tools.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing.
- Knowledge of the emerging technologies and trends in the mobile environment.
- Understanding of general UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- Experience across the full mobile app development life cycle, including the iOS deployment/release process.
- Proven success working in agile environments and across various process paradigms.
- Familiar with front-end – back-end communication.
We’ll give you extra credit for:
- Experience developing applications that demand high-reliability, stability, and availability in a critical use-case environment
- Understanding of hardware-in-the-loop development and dependencies, necessitating efficient collaboration and communication with cross-functional team.
- Experience with design, implementation, and optimization of live, real-time video streaming applications and protocols, i.e. WebRTC, SRTP, SIP etc.
- Proficient in best practices for real-time data processing.
What We’re Offering in Return
- Freedom: We trust you to do your thing and do it well.
- Professional Development: We work with you to grow your skills and push you forward.
- Travel: You will get the unique opportunity to travel on ship to meet with crew members around the world.
- Entrepreneurship: We embrace new ideas and people who have the drive to see them through. If you are a doer, look no further!
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401k with a match, flexible spending accounts, and paid vacation.
- Random: Snacks, Ping-Pong table, company events (happy hours, CEO lunches, outings to United Games etc.)
Brightwell is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.