Marketing Communications and Public Relations Associate
- Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
The Brother Group was started by 2 brothers in 1908, and the values that were instilled then, timeless values of integrity, hard work and commitment to the customer, still hold true today. Brother Canada is part of a large global family but we like to consider our smaller Canadian home as a family where you’re treated as an individual, with a unique contribution to the team.
Brother Canada hires great people and keeps them great with stimulating development programs. To learn more about Brother's employment benefits, visit: http://www.brother.ca/en/company/career/profile.asp!
Want to join a company that’s always at the side of its employees and customers? Here is your chance!
Located in Dollard des Ormeaux in Montreal’s West Island, Brother International Corporation of Canada is currently looking for a Communications & Community Specialist. The Brother name is synonymous with success in the marketing of innovative, award-winning business machines and high-quality sewing machines.
The Communications & Community Specialist plays an important role in our customer-focused organization.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Marketing Communications, you are responsible for generating positive publicity for Brother and its products and to enhance our reputation and media exposure. Through various media sources, including online communities, public relations events, and written media, you will champion Brother’s brand at every touch point. Calling upon your superior communications skills, your online savvy, and your strong networking capabilities, you are the internal go-to for external engagement.
Your portfolio will include internal communications. Your collaborative skills and project management style will ensure success in your role as liaison with HR/OD and other internal stakeholders for internal corporate communication as well as corporate social activities.
Are you a passionate, self-starting individual with exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills? Are you a natural at blogging and tweeting? Do you intuitively understand the vibe of the customer, both internal and external? Are you a motivated and positive team player with superior relationship building skills? If you answered YES, then we definitely want to meet you!
We’re looking for great people who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute consumer and trade media relations strategy and media outreach programs, along with agency, Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing
- Prepare company positioning points, key messages and Q & As while ensuring that messages are consistent with Brother standards; manage media lists, press kits and press releases
- Coordinate all sponsorship requests & corporate donations policy
- Manage updating of corporate section of web site including writing corporate content and keeping news releases up to date
- Work with and support Brother Marketing, Sales & Product departments to identify new public relations opportunities
- In regular contact with international Brother community for international news, such as corporate social responsibility as well as providing news articles content for international internal newsletters
- Encourage internal communications by developing internal projects from concept phase to implementation and measurement (if applicable) and manage internal communication process between PR – HR – Executive to ensure best positioning statements used for employee communications and ensuring consistent cultural messages
- Act as an advocate for Brother’s cultural transformation
- Proactively research and present daily news media coverage (of the Company and the industry to all employees) to raise awareness of Company's performance against backdrop of industry performance; press clippings on quarterly basis
- Contribute to the Company’s social media strategy so that customer communications at all touch points are maximized.
- Monitor key online conversations and events to make sure Company is participating effectively & is being represented.
- Act as main liaison for Social Media Response Team and lead Brother’s Listening Program.
- Identify & participate in social networks where appropriate, and develop Brother’s editorial calendar of communications content for all social media outlets.
- Track and report on the following: amount of activity at community sites, qualitative report of consumer responses/queries (pre-sales vs. post-sales),
Work with Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing to develop forward looking plans to further develop Brother’s online community and tie-in with Brother’s “customer-first” vision.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- University Degree in Marketing Communications or Public Relations
- 4-6 years of experience in a communications role
- Impeccable French and English, and ability to write creatively and effectively in both languages
- Project management skills for implementation of communications programs according to pre-set timelines
- Ability to engage a community (internal and external); knowledge of Brother history and products
So please contact us and join us in our quest to deliver superior customer service!
GREAT PEOPLE DELIVERING A SUPERIOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE