Located in Dollard des Ormeaux in Montreal’s West Island, Brother International Corporation of Canada is currently looking for a Network Administrator. The Brother name is synonymous with success in the marketing of innovative, award-winning business machines and high-quality sewing machines.
A Network Administrator holds a critical role in our customer-focused organization.
You’re responsible for the smooth functioning of the Brother Canada Network environment. You identify troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered during network and internet access. Day in, day out the entire company’s Network communications, its connection to the world and the productivity of every employee, depends on you.
You also quickly analyze and resolve end-user related network issues by providing technical support on software and hardware to minimize employee downtime and ensure smooth operation.
Are you a talented and passionate individual who has a genuine desire to be part of a team, demonstrates initiative and takes pride in keeping commitments? Are you a consummate computer geek who loves troubleshooting and enjoys mastering network functionality to optimize your internal clients’ experience? Do you have a sincere desire to help or satisfy others? Do you consistently challenge the status quo and demonstrate a positive attitude? If you answered YES, then we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for great people who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and all network-related problems encountered by end-users on the network
- Perform all wiring (phone, network, cubicles, cameras, door access, wireless network). Ensure wiring closets are optimally maintained and all port mapping is documented in a timely manner.
- Provide day to day support in all end-user/network aspects of Communications, external communication networks, MACDs IP Telephony system (MITEL), call recording (Nice), direct fiber Internet via BGP, remote sites over L2L IPSec VPNs, remote access SSL VPN (AnyConnect)
- Maintain all L2/3 switches with QoS, routers, ASA firewalls, 802.11n access points, VLANs, Port channels, Trunks, VTP and dynamic routing protocols like EIGRP in a Cisco environment
- Have at least one vendor certification (Cisco, Microsoft, VoIP/IP Telephony). This is mandatory.
- Work with the installation, configuration and features of hardware and standard applications (Office, Acrobat, etc.)
- Work with the installation and configuration of Linux-based web services (Apache), DNS (Bind), NAC/AAA (FreeRadius)
- Work with managed network services, MPLS and PRI-ISDN
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the appropriate use of all relevant information technologies and other systems
- Install and Maintain the network monitoring system (Nagios or similar)
- Install and Maintain a Windows environment
- Install and Maintain a Linux (Ubuntu) environment
- Document and follow Change Management process and procedure
- Document Telephony changes such as DID assignments, ACD routings and IVR messaging
- Maintain and document IT Policies & Procedures.