- Pompano Beach, FL
Broward Children’s Center and its affiliates specialize in helping infants, children, and young adults with special health care needs. Founded in 1971, our nonprofit facilities in Pompano Beach, Florida, offer a range of health, wellness, education, recreation, therapeutic, daily living and advocacy services.
Seeking a Recreational Therapist for Broward Children's Center. Our organization serves infants, children, and young adults with medical and/or developmental disabilities.
Our therapy staff has extensive experience with technologically-dependent infants and children. Our staff also provides therapy to those with respiratory difficulties, traumatic brain injuries, specific language impairments, apraxia, muscular dystrophy and other primary impairments.
As a Recreational Therapist you will plan, schedule, coordinate, direct and supervise therapeutic recreation activities, classes, programs, and special events.
A brief summary of essential functions are listed below (this is not an all inclusive list):
- Confer with members of treatment team to plan, implement and evaluate therapy programs
- Analyzes therapeutic recreation programs; evaluates existing programs for effectiveness and participation, and recommends program revisions
- Help assure that the recreation assistants provide safe and effective therapeutic recreation programs, and use courtesy and respect in providing therapeutic services to participants with disabilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) OR Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) OR Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) with Valid and Clear License in the state of Florida
- Minimum of 2 years experience in day to day Therapeutic Recreation programming in a healthcare setting (within the past 5 years)
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with special needs children
To Apply email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at bcckids.org/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.