Drug Testing Screening and Confirmation Scientists
- Burlington, VT
Burlington Laboratories is a full-service drug testing laboratory, founded by people with experience in the substance abuse treatment community. We understand treatment because our backgrounds are with the addiction treatment community. Our experience with patients helps us understand how to offer you the best support for your program through science and technology.
We support treatment by offering same day results. Having the most accurate information in the shortest turnaround time helps you make better decisions about the people in your program. Our drug testing services are designed to support you, your programs, and your ability to provide timely and effective counseling for your patients and clients.
We also work with our clients to customize test panels for the exact testing you would like performed. With any panel, we are proud to include EtG (alcohol metabolite) screening. We believe having information about your patient's alcohol use may influence how treatment is administered. Having the most information available is key to delivering the best treatment available.
As part of our mission to support overall health, we are pleased to give back to the communities we serve. We donate at least 10% of our profits to community organizations. In the past year, we have funded various rehabilitative programs for young mothers, emergency food and shelter centers, soup kitchens, positive recreation facilities for youth, and other endeavors that focus on promoting healthy bodies, healthy families, and healthy lives.
We think we are a different kind of drug testing laboratory. We think our passion for supporting effective treatment makes us a better lab. Contact us today to find out how we can support your program.
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
The laboratory scientist is responsible for performing drug testing analyses and assisting in other assigned phases of the technical operation under the guidance and direction of the laboratory supervisor, or as designated to the Quality Control Supervisor. These include, but are not limited to: urine collections, urine accessioning and preparation for referral laboratory testing.
Include but not limited to the following:
- Utilizes good laboratory practices in pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of lab instrumentation and standard operating procedures associated with employment responsibilities.
- Performs analyses, some independently and others with supervision, depending on the complexity of the test.
- Participates actively in the quality control programs of the laboratory.
- Develops a working knowledge of and follows all pertinent laboratory policies and standard operating procedures.
- Learns to assist in, or operate the automated systems in the laboratory.
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment as assigned.
- Prepares standards and reagents as required.
- Assists the accessioners, other testing personnel, supervisors laboratory director and Director of Operations as required.
- Follows all safety and security procedures and reports any deviation from such procedures to the laboratory supervisor, laboratory director or Director of Operations. Responsible for recording these findings, as appropriate, in the event log.
- Participates monthly in ongoing continuing education programs.
- Uses effective communication skills in working effectively with laboratory staff and with clients as appropriate. Uses communication technologies efficiently.
- Uses information from multiple sources to help identify problems, establish facts and collect data.
- Draws conclusions and converts information into actionable knowledge.
- Makes responsible decisions.
The Laboratory Scientist may be required to work day, evening or night shifts including weekends, holidays and on-call. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to infectious and hazardous chemicals as outlined in the Laboratory Safety Manual.
The Laboratory Scientist, at a minimum, will meet the qualifications for a medical technologist (as outlined by NYS regulation) and testing personnel (as outlined by CLIA regulation). The Laboratory Scientist will have successfully completed a BA or BS degree (from an accredited college or university) in a chemical, physical or biological science. The Laboratory Scientist will also have at least one year of laboratory experience (as outlined by NY regs 58.1-5b.3 and CLIA regs 493.1423.b1/D6065).
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Excellent benefits package including full health, dental, 401k, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, combined time off policy, free parking, free lunch on Fridays and more! Relocation assistance available on a case by case basis.
Please check out our website at http://www.burlingtonlabs.com/ !