Senior Forensic Toxicologist
- Burlington, VT
Burlington Laboratories is a full-service drug testing laboratory, founded by people with experience in the substance abuse treatment community. We understand treatment because our backgrounds are with the addiction treatment community. Our experience with patients helps us understand how to offer you the best support for your program through science and technology.
We support treatment by offering same day results. Having the most accurate information in the shortest turnaround time helps you make better decisions about the people in your program. Our drug testing services are designed to support you, your programs, and your ability to provide timely and effective counseling for your patients and clients.
We also work with our clients to customize test panels for the exact testing you would like performed. With any panel, we are proud to include EtG (alcohol metabolite) screening. We believe having information about your patient's alcohol use may influence how treatment is administered. Having the most information available is key to delivering the best treatment available.
As part of our mission to support overall health, we are pleased to give back to the communities we serve. We donate at least 10% of our profits to community organizations. In the past year, we have funded various rehabilitative programs for young mothers, emergency food and shelter centers, soup kitchens, positive recreation facilities for youth, and other endeavors that focus on promoting healthy bodies, healthy families, and healthy lives.
We think we are a different kind of drug testing laboratory. We think our passion for supporting effective treatment makes us a better lab. Contact us today to find out how we can support your program.
The Senior Forensic Toxicologist, reporting to the lab manager needs to have a solid working knowledge of both theoretical and practical chromatography and mass spectrometry. This role serves as a mentor to our many younger scientists. The Senior Forensic Toxicologist must be able to articulate and teach the finer points of these techniques as well as solid phase extraction and general forensic toxicology.
- Develop methods pertaining to laboratory instrumentation and testing procedures, including specialized chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment and procedures.
- Use of good business practices to manage laboratory operations with insight into the regulation for clinical toxicology laboratory services.
- Duties as advisor and educator for staff.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication skills to cooperatively work with customers and staff.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with the laboratory director.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Management, Staff and Clients both orally and in writing.
- Strong reasoning ability in the identification of problems and the ability to draw conclusions and make responsible decisions.
- The ability to utilize and/or develop connections within the scientific community and utilize these resources in the resolution of issues in the laboratory.
- Personal affinity towards the belief that substance use addictions can be treated
At a minimum, theSenior Forensic Toxicologist should have a Master of Science degree with at least four years of relevant laboratory experience or a Bachelor of Science degree with at least six years of relevant laboratory experience. In both cases, a minimum of two years in the field of clinical and/or forensic toxicology is preferred
A large part of this position will also be validation of chromatographic and mass spectrometry methods. The person will not only be developing and validating new methods but also re-evaluating and revalidating current methods so not only does he/she need to know what parameters need to be evaluated, they also need to know multiple different validation philosophies and criteria and when each may (or may not) be applied and why.
This is a full-time hourly position, following a Monday-Friday work week. We offer a fast paced, energetic work environment with opportunities for growth and a very competitive benefit package. Highlights of this package include full medical insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance and 3 weeks of CTO per year. To find out more about our company, please visit our website at www.burlingtonlabs.com.