IT Network Engineer---
- Miami, FL
BCA provides IT services to small and medium sized businesses throughout South Florida. We offer fast, professional, local IT services. For customers without an IT staff, we are their full time IT department. For customers with in-house IT, we provide the IT staff with expert services for new projects and day-to-day maintenance and support. Typical customer environments consist of 5 – 100 users and are primarily Microsoft Windows based networks.
IT Network Engineer with extensive experience in design, implementation, and diagnostics of networks, LAN/WAN, security, and servers.
We are looking to fill an opening for an IT Network Engineer (specifically Tier 2-3 escalation and consultant) to help serve our growing client base. Our IT Network Engineer will have the primary responsibility of providing remote & on-site services to our clients. This includes heavy interaction with end-users in diverse computing environments working with a wide range of technology.
Our IT Network Engineer is challenged on a daily basis working in an energetic, fast moving, collaborative, demanding & results-oriented work environment.
- You will be called upon to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues (Tier 1 thru 3).
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person, and articulate technical projects and support resolutions to non-technical people
- Excellent problem solving capability, able to utilize all available resources to quickly resolve issues and provide best practice IT solutions
- Ability to take ownership of projects and complex problems and follow through with minimal supervision
- Ability to document work continuously through-out the day and provide detailed ticket and time sheet updates
- Desire and self-motivation to learn new technologies and stay abreast of industry changes
- Ability and positive attitude towards working with a diverse range of technology daily
- Familiar with best practice IT procedures for networks from 5 to 100 users, ability to convey essential information to clients
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Non-smoker. Smoking is prohibited at BCA and all client sites.
- Dependable and reliable, available between 8:30AM and 5:30PM Monday-Friday
- Available on-call 24x7.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, Ability to type 30 wpm
- 5+ years of desktop and server engineering and administration experience is mandatory – Classroom or training center time does not count towards real-world experience
- 3 or more years of design, implementation and support experience with the following technologies:
- Server Platforms: Windows 2003/2008/R2 Server (AD, DNS, Security, Backup/DR)
- Server VMware Virtualization and Shared Storage
- Network Applications: Exchange 2003/2007/2010, SQL 2000/2005/2008, Citrix
- Desktop Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64bit) (Group Policy, Profile Management)
- Networking: LAN, WAN, SAN/NAS, SSL/IPSec VPN, VLANs, IIS Site Server, Routers, Firewalls, SNMP, DHCP, DNS
- Associates Degree or higher or equivalent work experience in the IT / Consulting field
- Current MCITP: Server Administrator or above
- Current CompTIA Certification: One or more – A+, Network+, Security+, Server+