Digital Marketing Account Director
- San Diego, CA
The digital world is rapidly evolving making it an exciting time to be involved in the space. At BusinessOnline we re-imagine the possibilities of online marketing’s future. We firmly believe in adding value to the digital world; that value comes from the spirited contribution of our people.
The Account Director will “own” some of our largest accounts, build strong relationships, and drive collaborative, strategic digital marketing solutions that ultimately secure long term partnerships with BusinessOnline. The AD must have innate business and marketing acumen, sound strategic vision, and the ability to develop digital marketing solutions that have direct impact to the client’s marketing and business success. This requires a deep understanding of the client’s business model, corporate structure and drivers, as well as the ability to build relationships both internally and with the client to build and deliver impactful digital marketing plans. Ultimately, the AD is responsible for building the foundation for an intimate client relationship which delivers strong customer satisfaction (delight) while ensuring a symbiotic business relationship (impactful for the client and profitable for BusinessOnline). The AD manages a book of business that may include several large clients and span various service offerings, as well as a team of 2-5 Account Managers that may work on the same accounts and/or have their own books of business. On occasion, the AD may also work closely with Business Development on new client pitches. Success is measured in securing a long term strategic relationship with the client where they view BusinessOnLine as partners and not a “vendor”, building strong relationships within BusinessOnline that allow you to be a leader, and ultimately driving business impact for both our clients and our company.
- Develop and Oversee Clients:
- “Owns” and grows the client program and relationship
- Drive the strategic account plans
- Develop specific, measurable, results oriented Key Performance Indicators
- Understands strategic goals in a broader business and marketing context
- Successfully recommends marketing solutions that secures a long term relationship and revenue
- BusinessOnline Accountability:
- Resource management and contract management
- Meet revenue goals
- PL reporting and accountability
- Build Successful Client and BusinessOnline Relationships:
- Build trust with client POCs and influencers throughout their organization
- Understands the clients’ challenges, business structure and goals, recommending solutions that solve these challenges
- Proactive account and resource management
- Establishes cross department teamwork and synergy
- Open, candid, honest communication
- Management and Training:
- Trains the client and internal team as necessary
- Finds the right solutions with the right team to motivate through success
- Continuously and humbly shares account success with team
- Looks after the best interest of the client first, BusinessOnline second and themselves third.
- Listens well
- Builds and presents the right solutions
- Confident, clear, and talks to the client and team not over them
- Is extremely professional at all times while encouraging creative solutions and collaboration
- New Business:
- Works with Business Development on new pitches when necessary
- Builds SOWs and MSA’s
- Builds the right team for implementation
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of client management experience
- 3+ years in the online/digital space
- Large agency experience not required but a plus
- Effective leader who can lead a team of 5-10 people to deliver success for clients
- Experienced manager who can manage 2-5 direct reports
- Demonstrate ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization- build strong relationships
- Must be able to speak, write and present at a high level
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit
- Adapt to and encourage change
- Good sense of humor
- Works hard but builds and supports a strong work life balance
- May require up to 25% travel
Our Strength is Our People
When you walk through our doors you can feel the surrounding energy and opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creativity and invites innovation. We work hard and play hard; building a collaborative and supportive culture. We believe in building relationships that lead to success for everyone.
So what does it take to work at BusinessOnline?
Passion, courage and ability! We believe that without taking risks and a drive to succeed, there is no growth. We applaud your ideas and challenge you to evolve and grow. We value commitment and your efforts are recognized. Put simply, it’s not just a job; it is a place where you can build a future. We invite ground-breakers, trendsetters and thought-leaders to work with us and usher in tomorrow’s cutting-edge innovations and ideas.
We believe hard work should be rewarded and it permeates our culture. We are a family that works hard and plays hard. Our relationships and friendships are not confined to the office walls. From company-wide Rock Band tournaments, city-wide scavenger hunts, or beautiful sunset cruises along the illustrious San Diego coast; we’re always taking part in building personal relationships that grow the BusinessOnline Family.
We value work-life balance and the overall well-being of our employees. You’ll see that reflected in our comprehensive benefits package — a combination of health care, retirement, profit sharing, paid time off, and other rewards.
In the Community
At BusinessOnline, we believe in giving back to the community. We all love our city and respect it as being America’s finest. We recognize that it takes the collective will of the people to maintain this beautiful community. Volunteerism is embraced collectively and individually. Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Through BusinessOnline’s community outreach program, we have supported many charitable organizations, including: The Surfrider Foundation, Working Wardrobes, The San Diego Food Bank, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 10x10act and more.
We understand that our people are the key to our success. We invest heavily in professional development — from paid college tuition, internal mentoring and educational programs, certification programs, professional organizations and association memberships. BusinessOnline offers a wide variety of resources to ensure continuous learning and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BusinessOnLine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.