Digital Marketing Strategist
- San Diego, CA
The digital world is rapidly evolving making it an exciting time to be involved in the space. At BusinessOnline we re-imagine the possibilities of online marketing’s future. We firmly believe in adding value to the digital world; that value comes from the spirited contribution of our people.
Our Purpose: Helping to build a more authentic, useful, and satisfying digital world.
Our Mission: Empower great people to deliver innovative, user-centered digital solutions that delight our customers by delivering meaningful results.
The Internet Marketing Strategist creates implements, directs and analyzes client strategy for all online marketing channels. These channels include website, online advertising, SEO, SEM, email, mobile, social media and content marketing. This individual must be able to analyze a client's business methods and then use best practices, current and emerging trends, and a thorough understanding of data and analytics to increase web traffic, improve conversion, and generate leads.
As an Internet Marketing Strategist, the ideal candidate will need to be able to analyze our client's business and marketing initiatives, devise an online marketing strategy, present it (in conjunction with our sales and client service teams), direct it and adjust it throughout the assignment. They will need a broad understanding of online marketing tactics; but understand also that it is not possible to know everything. A constant thirst for knowledge is necessary as to stay on the cutting edge of emerging online marketing trends, research and technologies. The ideal candidate must be able to 'figure it out'; possessing that intangible quality of "I don't know how to do it today, but I will learn then master it".
Communication plays an important part in this role. Writing web content, blogs, and social media posts is a critical component of this position. This position will entail communicating back to the client (and our internal client teams) on progress, successes and lessons learned. The ability to persuade the client to listen to – and pay for - your ideas is key. The Online Marketing Strategist must be able to persuade the audience to buy the client's product, as well as having a knack for taking complex internet marketing concepts and translating them into easy-to-understand, concise, clear explanations.
- Learn about clients' businesses to the point that you become an extension of their marketing department.
Stay up to date on all technology we offer so you can appropriately match our capabilities to client’s business requirements.
- Actively communicate with clients to keep them up to date on progress.
- Consult with clients on new ideas and translate them into actionable internet marketing plans.
- Translate client’s plans into action items with defined scope and coordinate execution with various departments.
- Compile reporting and present the reports to the clients each month, explaining the results that we are seeing and our projections for the next month.
- Organize and run meetings with internal teams to define client strategies.
- This is not an entry level position. The right person will have a high-level of experience in web design, e-commerce strategy, copywriting, website user experience, conversion methods, search engine optimization, PPC, content marketing and email marketing. The ideal candidate must love data and analytics and will need a working knowledge of how SEO, Social Media Marketing, Online PR, Media Buying (Google AdWords/Display Advertising/Facebook ads), and Web Design can be used to increase sales and/or leads on websites. Previous account management or project management experience in a B2B client facing role, ideally involving technology or software, is ideal.
- Strong fundamental internet marketing skills across multiple channels
- Strong SEO skills – on-page, off-page, competitive analysis, keyword research
- Strong experience with web analytics – Adobe SiteCatalyst and/or Google Analytics
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are a must
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to independently execute with minimal supervision in a fast-paced agency environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience with an SEO automation tool (Conductor, BrightEdge, Covario) is a plus
- SEM, PPC, email marketing, Social Media and other internet marketing skills is a plus.
- Basic web development skills is a plus
Our Strength is Our People
When you walk through our doors you can feel the surrounding energy and opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creativity and invites innovation. We work hard and play hard; building a collaborative and supportive culture. We believe in building relationships that lead to success for everyone.
So what does it take to work at BusinessOnline?
Passion, courage and ability! We believe that without taking risks and a drive to succeed, there is no growth. We applaud your ideas and challenge you to evolve and grow. We value commitment and your efforts are recognized. Put simply, it’s not just a job; it is a place where you can build a future. We invite ground-breakers, trendsetters and thought-leaders to work with us and usher in tomorrow’s cutting-edge innovations and ideas.
We believe hard work should be rewarded and it permeates our culture. We are a family that works hard and plays hard. Our relationships and friendships are not confined to the office walls. From company-wide Rock Band tournaments, city-wide scavenger hunts, or beautiful sunset cruises along the illustrious San Diego coast; we’re always taking part in building personal relationships that grow the BusinessOnline Family.
We value work-life balance and the overall well-being of our employees. You’ll see that reflected in our comprehensive benefits package — a combination of health care, retirement, profit sharing, paid time off, and other rewards.
In the Community
At BusinessOnline, we believe in giving back to the community. We all love our city and respect it as being America’s finest. We recognize that it takes the collective will of the people to maintain this beautiful community. Volunteerism is embraced collectively and individually. Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Through BusinessOnline’s community outreach program, we have supported many charitable organizations, including: The Surfrider Foundation, Working Wardrobes, The San Diego Food Bank, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 10x10act and more.
We understand that our people are the key to our success. We invest heavily in professional development — from paid college tuition, internal mentoring and educational programs, certification programs, professional organizations and association memberships. BusinessOnline offers a wide variety of resources to ensure continuous learning and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BusinessOnLine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.