Senior SEO Strategist
- San Diego, CA
The digital world is rapidly evolving making it an exciting time to be involved in the space. At BusinessOnline we re-imagine the possibilities of online marketing’s future. We firmly believe in adding value to the digital world; that value comes from the spirited contribution of our people.
Our Purpose: Helping to build a more authentic, useful, and satisfying digital world.
Our Mission: Empower great people to deliver innovative, user-centered digital solutions that delight our customers by delivering meaningful results.
The Senior SEO Strategist is a position designed to support the efforts of the search engine optimization team. This person is responsible for assisting with the production, implementation, and development of our search engine optimization services.
As a Search Engine Optimization Engineer, your primary goal will be to increase natural search engine traffic from key search engines for our clients. You will additionally be responsible for driving cutting edge strategies and innovating new solutions or tools that help keep you and the team leaders in the SEO space.
- Audit content published for search engine optimization compliance
- Create detailed search engine optimization recommendations for assigned sites
- Track and report search engine referrals, keyword rankings and other SEO traffic metrics for assigned sites to stakeholders
- Implement strategies for attaining high rankings for relevant, high-volume search terms
- Be an expert in your space by staying on top of current SEO news, search engine feature changes, and algorithm shifts.
- Research, create and deliver a long-term SEO strategy for the channel that complies with best practice standards and will drive sustainable traffic.
- On-page optimization, including detailed site assessment and comprehensive recommendations.
- Off-page optimization, including development and acquisition.
- Website structure, page structure and internal linking structure.
- Advice on implementation and page code.
- Page copy and keyword optimization.
- Monitoring and reporting.
- Keyword research.
- Competitor and back-link analysis.
- Work autonomously to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete any ad hoc report, or duty as required by the business needs.
- Demonstrate an active interest in advancing the success of our clients.
- Demonstrate a hunger to excel and learn alongside a talented team.
- Knowledge of website optimization techniques for major search engines
- Experience with Web content management systems
- Understanding of search engine ranking algorithms and how search engine spiders work
- Proficient with SEO tools
- A quantitative approach to traffic measurement and experience with collecting and interpreting site visitor statistics
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Must be organized and meticulously detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Ability to integrate Search Engine Optimization with overall online marketing strategies.
Desired Skills (Not Required):
- Experience in product & tool design
- Coding & programming knowledge (PHP and C# strong preferences)
Our Strength is Our People
When you walk through our doors you can feel the surrounding energy and opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creativity and invites innovation. We work hard and play hard; building a collaborative and supportive culture. We believe in building relationships that lead to success for everyone.
So what does it take to work at BusinessOnline?
Passion, courage and ability! We believe that without taking risks and a drive to succeed, there is no growth. We applaud your ideas and challenge you to evolve and grow. We value commitment and your efforts are recognized. Put simply, it’s not just a job; it is a place where you can build a future. We invite ground-breakers, trendsetters and thought-leaders to work with us and usher in tomorrow’s cutting-edge innovations and ideas.
We believe hard work should be rewarded and it permeates our culture. We are a family that works hard and plays hard. Our relationships and friendships are not confined to the office walls. From company-wide Rock Band tournaments, city-wide scavenger hunts, or beautiful sunset cruises along the illustrious San Diego coast; we’re always taking part in building personal relationships that grow the BusinessOnline Family.
We value work-life balance and the overall well-being of our employees. You’ll see that reflected in our comprehensive benefits package — a combination of health care, retirement, profit sharing, paid time off, and other rewards.
In the Community
At BusinessOnline, we believe in giving back to the community. We all love our city and respect it as being America’s finest. We recognize that it takes the collective will of the people to maintain this beautiful community. Volunteerism is embraced collectively and individually. Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Through BusinessOnline’s community outreach program, we have supported many charitable organizations, including: The Surfrider Foundation, Working Wardrobes, The San Diego Food Bank, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 10x10act and more.
We understand that our people are the key to our success. We invest heavily in professional development — from paid college tuition, internal mentoring and educational programs, certification programs, professional organizations and association memberships. BusinessOnline offers a wide variety of resources to ensure continuous learning and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BusinessOnLine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.