CAPAL Public Service Fellow
- Washington, DC
The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan educational organization dedicated to building leadership and public policy knowledge within the Asian Pacific American (APA) community. Its mission is to promote APA interests and success in public service careers, to provide information and education on policy issues affecting the APA community, and to serve the APA community at large.
- Provide research, marketing, and outreach to ensure a diverse, qualified applicant pool for CAPAL’s Scholarship & Internship Programs
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to content management on Google Drive and maintaining and updating databases
- Help in grant-writing, researching new funding sources, developing sponsorship initiatives, external partnerships, and relationships
- Help to execute logistics (especially during the day of the event) and marketing/outreach for CAPAL events such as the Annual Board Retreat, the Washington Leadership Program, and Professional Development Program Events.
- CAPAL's Chair will be the Fellow's sole manager, however the Fellow's tasks will support projects for the entire Board of Directors
- Commensurate academic and professional experience with a commitment to serve the Asian Pacific American (Asian American and Pacific Islander) community.
- Experience working independently as well as on teams, both small and large.
- Critical thinking skills to plan, develop, and coordinate logistics with general guidelines from the Board.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Salsa and marketing database management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience providing support to a Board of Directors and representing an organization in a professional manner. Proficiency in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
The following are required to apply:
2. Cover letter
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but the final deadline is Friday, November 30, 2012
Expected to begin: mid-December or early January
Time commitment required: Full time, minimum of 1 year with option to extend
Compensation: $2,000 per month and/or academic credit
Please send any questions to email@example.com