- Monroe, FL
Community Blood Centers of Florida, Inc, (CBCF) is a non-profit all voluntary blood collection agency. Each year, CBCF collects over 250,000 pints of blood and blood products for hospital and kidney dialysis patients. CBCF serves Southeast and Central Florida.
Are you seeking greater personal and professional satisfaction? Join the CBCF team!
Phlebotomist positions available in Key West and Tavernier. Must have excellent customer service skills and able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends. Previous medical exp. desired. Must have a HS diploma or GED. $12.70 hr. + bonus. Reliable transportation required.
We offer an excellent benefits package including PTO, 403B, health insurance and more. Interested candidates must apply online at: www.oneblood.org/careers/ .EOE/DFWP OneBlood, Inc. d/b/a Community Blood Centers of Florida, Inc. (CBCF)
Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures and processes related to the collection of whole blood (and/or blood components) from donors according to the organization’s policies and procedures, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) standards.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Obtains medical history and vitals from donors and/or patients.
- Performs phlebotomy and collection procedures to collect blood or blood components.
- Displays excellent customer service and professionalism towards all customers.
- Assists with the recruitment of potential apheresis, and bone marrow donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, understand and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to commute with personal transportation