English Adaptation Specialist
- Wrocław, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard-earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and passionate English Adaptation Specialist to join our team in Wroclaw! The person in this position will be responsible for adapting Polish content into English in-game content. If attention to detail and ability to focus are your strengths and you enjoy working with the written word – join us!
- Adapting from source Polish into fully idiomatic, appropriately stylized, publishable English all types of in-game text: dialogue, in-game on-screen assets, out-of-game on-screen assets and related.
- Editing and polishing all types of texts as above with a view towards elevating the quality of our final product.
- Adding content to established stylization, terminology, pronunciation.
- Reviewing English game content once complete, prior to release, for consistency, correctness, completeness.
- Debugging English game content following own reviews or based on reported bugs.
- At least two years of Polish to English translation/ English writing and/or copy-editing/editorial experience (not necessarily in the games industry).
- A university degree (completed or imminently pending) or a highly significant amount of coursework in Slavic Languages and Literatures or area Studies with emphasis on Polish.
- Thorough understanding of the Polish language and culture, the language in its many spoken and written varieties, slangs, jargons, argots, professional and specialized vocabulary, the culture in manifestations ranging from contemporary mass culture/media to past literature, film, history in general.
- Far-reaching familiarity with, and ease in using, English, ability to render text representing in-game speech and writing in a range of EN varieties and styles.
- General inquisitiveness and broad interest in the cultural phenomena and production, particularly in relevant genres (cyberpunk, science fiction, general futurism and futurology),
- Ability to focus and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy (advanced Excel skills is considered a plus).
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.