Senior Previz Artist
- Warsaw, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for talented Senior Previz Artist to join our Cinematics team in Warsaw to work on the new project within The Witcher universe. Person in this position will be responsible for creating complete movie sequences and shots that help support the director’s vision through the appropriate use of staging, blocking, cameras, composition, motion, and editing.
Together, with some of the industry’s best storytellers, you will create scenes that are compelling and emotional or spectacular and bursting with action. We have it all!
- Creating previsualization of interactive and movie sequences (including creating simple assets if needed) with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing, and timing.
- Communicating with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Completing tasks on time maintaining high quality.
- Following, improving and maintaining pipelines and technical requirements.
- Exceptional understanding of film language and how to use it to create coherent and memorable scenes and sequences that convey desired emotions.
- Strong knowledge of cinematography and editing, as well as an understanding of the rules of staging and frame composition.
- Proficiency in camera animation and working with motion capture animation.
- Good understanding of what creates great storytelling.
- Excellent understanding of acting including posing and timing.
- 5 years of experience as a Previz Artist working in the game or film industries.
- Being a self-motivated team player.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to company proprietary software.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to relocate and work in Warsaw for an extended period of time.
Nice to have
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Knowledge of the following tools: MotionBuilder, Maya, Blender.
- Experience directing actors and/or acting.
- Experience with keyframe animation.
- Experience with working with a screenplay.
- Genuine interest in the genre.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.