Labourer, Mobile Workforce (Turnaround)
- 180 Maclennan Crescent, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4E8, Canada
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experienced team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
Industrial Cleaning Labourers assist to operate and maintain industrial cleaning equipment including vacuum trucks, high pressure water equipment and various specialty tools.
**By applying to this job you are applying to join CEDA’s Mobile Workforce which staffs our turnaround events throughout the year. You can build your skill set as the training is provided.
Our best workers stay on the project for the full assignment of 2-8 weeks at a time.**
CEDA’s Mobile Workforce offers a great experience on a team who will challenge you!
Move to the front of the line: apply letting us know you have your CSO, OSSA Fall Protection and Confined Space.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work alongside Drivers assisting with the operation and maintenance of vacuum trucks, high pressure water equipment and various specialty tools
- Work safely at heights up to 100 meters in a labour intensive capacity
- Climb safely into small vessels and tanks with industrial cleaning equipment – our experienced crew has your back
- Complete minor maintenance and checks on equipment
- Ensure safety for all team members and property
- Provide quality services to our clients
- Work as part of a team and follow direction from supervision
- Learn new skills every day by rigging in and out specialty equipment
- Leave the job site in better condition that when we got there. Clean, safe and job done.
- Haul hoses, PPE and tools to where the work is being done
- Complete required paperwork for projects and jobs
- Complete field level risk assessments
- Challenge your eye for detail, practice what we preach. Take your time, get the job done right the first time and safely every time
- 1+ years of labour experience in an industrial environment
- Valid ECS CSO certification (or combination of CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional or BSO)
- OSSA Confined Space and OSSA Fall Protection certification
- We have great training and your ability to read and write will ensure you meet the testing requirements
- Work shift work (days/nights) of 10 to 12 hours per day
- Able to provide a negative result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Prior experience working at heights with the use of special fall restraint equipment
- Perform physically demanding work including climbing multiple flights of stairs and carrying equipment (able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis)
- Experience and comfort with confined spaces such as a small vessel/tank or trench
- Work outdoors in harsh weather conditions
- Comfortable with the use of additional respiratory equipment and air supply; wearing a full face mask and carrying your own source of oxygen
- You’re happiest working in a team, sharing a laugh with your coworkers and getting the job done safely
Who Loves This Job
Grit. It’s in your nature. Work hard, and play harder with CEDA – With extended time off and competitive wages and extended downtime between projects, you can work hard, and play harder. Your freedom starts here.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.