Commercial Refrigeration Technician - Charlotte Area
- Charlotte, NC
Foodservice equipment sales
Installation and repair
Commercial Refrigeration Sales
Used Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
Used Foodservice Equipment
CE Holt Refrigeration, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Service Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is primarily responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining refrigeration, HVAC, and food service equipment. Position requires working in commercial/industrial arenas so compliance with occupational safety and health regulations must be exhibited while performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and diagnoses equipment for mechanical failures.
- Responsible for effectively and accurately following through on repairs needed from diagnosis to completion of repairs.
- Communicates with customer, manufacturer, supply house, and dispatcher regarding equipment status and technician recommendations
- Maintains current EPA certifications and abides by all OSHA safety regulations.
- Responsible for accurate and thorough documentation of all service calls, technician recommendations, inventory, and materials used on calls.
- Participates in weekly on-call rotation and responds to after-hour calls promptly.
- Unloads, installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Performs regular maintenance on equipment by following site protocol check-off lists.
- Maintains accurate records for Freon usage per EPA regulations.
- Participates in regularly scheduled training seminars, classes, and mentoring by other technicians.
- Responsible for promoting CE Holt by distributing information, fliers, and providing potential new customer bases positive descriptions of our services.
- Remains drug free, maintains a clean driving record, documentation, and upkeep on the CE Holt vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years related commercial refrigeration experience and/or training a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. EPA certification required. Refrigeration licensure is a preferred plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and provide documentation in a timely manner.
Ability to learn and utilize refrigeration/electrical control systems, basic computer skills, “smartphone” communication, and procedural documentation from the manufacturers.
MATHEMATICAL AND REASONING:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Shows good judgment through involvement with outside activities that do not discredit CE Holt; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
I have read the above job description and am able to perform the job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Clean driving record, sex offender, and background check is a must. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.