ERP System Architect / Functional Analyst (FAP-BC-ISR-2019-56-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you a passionate agile-minded computer scientist with a focus on implementing, integrating and personalising complex ERP style business software systems? Do you care about providing efficient IT solutions to support optimal business processes in various domains? Then, join CERN's Business Computing group and contribute to building the next generation of ERP systems that support CERN's core business processes. CERN, take part!
You will join the Business Computing Group (BC), where 70+ talented international colleagues are responsible for delivering information systems for all of CERN’s business functions.
The product management driven group is working for clients across the whole Organisation (HR, Finance, Planning, Safety, Security, Purchasing, Logistics and Accelerator Operations). The type of products under the group’s responsibility ranges from custom-made solutions for a few users to large and widely integrated systems with 15,000+ users. Hence, working for the BC group provides numerous perspectives for being in touch with different technologies and business areas.
As an ERP System Architect you will join a self-organised agile product team and maintain, personalise and integrate some of the group's core enterprise software systems. More specifically, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Evangelize lean/agile culture in ERP-centred teams
- Carry out functional analysis and help Business Analysts define user stories
- Implement, customize, integrate, test, and document user stories
- Provide 3rd level user support
- Coordinate system upgrades, migrations and ensure system monitoring
- Constantly improve the ERP development processes (e.g. DTAP workflow, source control)
- Predict and anticipate on enterprise software trends, alternative ERP solutions and changing user expectations
- Act as technical contact for ERP vendors and ensure compliance with licensing requirements
- Ensure consistency of ERPs with CERN/Business Computing software landscape
- Mentor junior ERP specialists and manage personnel turnover through knowledge sharing
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of of computer science, digital media or a related field.
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and support of business software.
- Experience in supporting and developing/customising commercial ERP systems.
- Strong experience in relational database design and SQL.
- Deep knowledge of agile practices and proven experience in maintaining ERP systems in an agile environment.
- Experience in providing functional analysis for the implementation and refinement of ERP systems.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Linux operating systems (e.g. command line interaction, basic scripting).
The following experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in business process modelling.
- Experience in designing ETL processes.
- Basic business domain knowledge of any of the fields such as finance, procurement, or supply chain/logistics management.
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: ERP application development/ parametrization.
- Design of databases/repositories: extend/modify existing data models, provide means to store personalisation settings etc.
- Knowledge and application of software life-cycle tools and procedures: usage of issue tracking (eg Jira) and source code versioning (e.g. Git) tools.
- Technical advice and guidance: working with business specialists and computing engineers in the selection/evaluation of technical solutions
- Working in the interest of the Organization: focusing on the broader picture; being able to set aside individual or team needs in the interest of the Organization; setting ambitious, challenging but realistic goals; being ready to take initiatives and calculated risks in the interests of CERN; promoting synergy and cooperation between the various parts of the Organization.
- Building relationships: showing appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others and encourages others to express their views, even if controversial; understanding how individual differences bring added value to the Organization; promoting complementarities; being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals; sharing and letting others participate in own work/project; encouraging team development.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; taking responsibility for own actions and decisions; readily admitting to mistakes.
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen; actively seeking feedback on own performance and taking steps to improve it; demonstrating a receptive approach to feedback; being open to criticism and reconsidering position accordingly.
- English spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up specifications and/or reports, and/or to make oral presentations.
- The ability to understand and speak French or an undertaking to acquire it.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 27.08.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: FAP-BC-ISR-2019-56-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Analyst
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further