Events audio-visual Technician (IR-ECO-VI-2020-145-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Does the idea of making technically possible dozens of on-site, off-site and online events that reach thousands of participants (see visit.cern/past-events) motivate you? Do you thrive in a fast-paced diverse working environment with many challenges? CERN offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the design and set-up of audio-visual equipment in CERN Science Gateway’s brand new public spaces, including a 900-seat auditorium.
You will join the International Relations Sector (IR), Education, Communications and Outreach Group (ECO) that is responsible for maintaining support for CERN's mission from all its stakeholders and generating public engagement with CERN’s activities. You will also be a part of the Science Gateway team, CERN’s new flagship centre for education and outreach, planned to open in 2022.
- As audio-visual (A/V) technical specialist, you will, amongst other tasks:
- Plan and set up the layout for necessary A/V material and equipment for up to 300 on-site and off-site events each year
- Review, install and maintain technical equipment
- Act as audio-visual operator (régisseur) for the various events
- Provide technical and safety expertise and advice to organisers of the events
- Interface with other CERN services: Safety, Conference Rooms Support team, Logistics, Guards etc.
- Provide A/V expertise to the Science Gateway technical support team for exhibitions, laboratories, and public spaces (exhibits, screens, audio systems etc)
- As a member of the Science Gateway technical support team, support logistical tasks for the set-up of rooms, preparation of activities and general maintenance of the entire facility
- In the framework of the Science Gateway Auditorium technical equipment project, you will also:
- Participate in the definition of the audio-visual equipment requirements
- Lead the market survey to identify potential solutions
- Lead the call for tender for the purchase of the technical equipment
- Monitor the installation, test and commissioning of the audio-visual equipment.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of in audio-visual technology or a related field.
Electrical: b1-BR-H0V; Mobile Elevating Work Platforms: 3B-1B; Mobile scaffolding mounting and dismantling; Working at height. Certification in industry standard audio-visual protocols (Dante, NDI, etc.) is an asset.
- Extensive experience in
- installation, maintenance and operation of audio-visual equipment
- audio-visual operations (régisseur) for conferences, artistic performances, film screenings, theatre plays, music performances, video capture and other stage performances etc.
- online events (streaming, recording)
- events logistics
- events safety
- Any proven experience in technical support for exhibitions, guided tours, off-site events, public and educational spaces is an asset
- Audio-visual production: in-depth knowledge of auditorium and public spaces audio-visual equipment and audio-visual production techniques.
- Knowledge and deployment of computing hardware.
- Installation, operation and maintenance (preventive and corrective) of computing systems.
- Operation and maintenance of networks.
- Working in Teams: cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals.
- Solving Problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
- Demonstrating Flexibility: being able to deal with ambiguous or unpredictable situations.
- Working in the Interest of the Organization: actively promoting safety and encouraging others to do the same; respecting safety rules and procedures.
- Communicating Effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.01.2021 (12.00 pm CET)
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays.
- A valid driving licence.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: IR-ECO-VI-2020-145-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Computing Technician