Product Owner / Business Analyst (FAP-BC-BA-2021-15-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you an experienced agile-minded Product Owner / Business Analyst who is client-oriented and passionate about your work? CERN's Business Computing Group seeks a positive person with a can-do attitude who is also highly collaborative and results oriented. Join the Business Computing Group and bring your value to CERN! Take part!
You will join the Business Computing Group (BC) in the Finance and Administrative Processes Department (http://fap-dep.web.cern.ch/), where 70+ talented international colleagues are responsible for delivering information systems for all of CERN’s business functions.
The product management driven group is working for clients across the whole Organization (HR, Finance, Planning, Safety, Security, Purchasing, Logistics, and Accelerator Operations). The type of products under the group’s responsibility ranges from custom-made solutions for a few users to large and widely integrated systems with 15,000+ users. Hence, working for the BC group provides numerous perspectives for being in touch with different technologies and business areas.
As a Product Owner & Business Analyst, you will liaise between agile teams, product managers, solution architects, customers and users. As member of an agile team you will understand customer needs, identify requirements and create user stories. You will maximise Return on Investment by building a prioritised Team Backlog that is supported by all stakeholders.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and Solution Architects in the preparation of the Program Increment Planning and contribute to the product vision and roadmap.
- Build and maintain a prioritized team backlog ensuring just-in-time elaboration of stories with acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests.
- Maximise value delivery making sure stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the "Definition of Done" through the definition and execution of test cases.
- Challenge stakeholders to define the real business objectives behind the expressed needs and manage their expectations.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other agile teams.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of business process analysis is created.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of business and management, design, computer science or a related field.
- Extensive experience in Agile software development life cycles.
- Extensive experience in business analysis and business processes optimisation.
- Extensive experience in elaboration of user stories and product backlog refinement.
- Experience in working as Product Owner in a product management / SAFe framework environment.
- Experience interacting with stakeholders incl. vendors and customers involved in the delivery of technical solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring together conflicting viewpoints to craft an appropriate solution.
- Capturing and analysis of requirements for ICT systems: deep enough technology understanding to translate needs to product.
- Process analysis, definition and improvement: change management.
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Metrics and analytics.
- User relationship management: understanding of user behaviour, journeys and pain-points.
- Working in teams: Working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities. Cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals. Understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information.
- Achieving results: Having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind. Taking appropriate corrective actions and adapting work / project plans if necessary.
- Building relationships: Showing appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others and encourages others to express their views, even if controversial. Understanding how individual differences bring added value to the Organization; promoting complementarities. Being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: Keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information. Sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer. Creating or participating in forums to exchange experience, comparing techniques and learn from others.
- Communicating effectively: Expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point Listening actively to others and letting others speak. Utilising effective negotiation techniques to achieve long-term results acceptable to all parties involved.
English spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up specifications and/or reports, and/or to make oral presentations. The ability to understand and speak French or an undertaking to acquire it.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 25.02.2021
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: FAP-BC-BA-2021-15-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Support Officer