Recruitment & Sourcing Specialist (HR-TA-SR-2021-43-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Imagine joining the world’s largest particle physics research laboratory: Imagine being part of an innovative, cutting-edge recruitment team, contributing your skills and experience to recruit excellence in all the fields needed for the success of the Organization. Are you ready for a challenge like nowhere else on earth? Join CERN. Take part!
You will join the Staff Recruitment Section, part of the Talent Acquisition centre of expertise in CERN’s Human Resources Department (HR-TA) which handles recruitment and sourcing activities for staff positions.
As a talent acquisition specialist in the in-house recruitment team, you will take responsibility for handling recruitment processes A-Z in close collaboration with HR Advisors/Partners and Hiring Managers (departmental clients). This role will require excellent interpersonal, communication as well as numerical and analytical skills. Success will be based upon establishing a true partnership with the clients to anticipate and deliver, based upon an accurate understanding of their needs.
- As a member of a team of recruiters, and on the basis of the recruitment needs of the Organization, manage recruitment processes from sourcing through to hiring for a variety of profiles (for example: technicians, engineers, physicists, administrative staff etc.).
- Provide expert advice on recruitment and sourcing matters to HR and clients in other departments.
- Analyse data and statistics for trends and patterns in recruitment and sourcing.
- Investigate and evaluate new recruitment channels, identifying potential new sources to attract candidates in CERN’s specialist fields.
- Nurture relations with current service providers, and identify and negotiate terms and conditions with new partners.
- Make an active contribution to the Staff recruitment related projects and initiatives, to the development of strategies, initiatives and tools in order to provide adequate and timely resourcing of the Organization's staffing needs.
- Keep up-to-date on best practice and latest developments in recruitment and employment markets relevant to CERN and submit proposals where appropriate in order to raise the awareness of CERN as an employer of choice through both modern and traditional recruitment initiatives such as outreach events.
Master's Degree in the field of Human Resources management or related field with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and sourcing, preferably in an international environment.
- Proven experience as an in-house recruiter (or in a recruitment agency), ideally in a STEM domain.
- Experience in HR data analytics including KPIs, preferably in an international environment
- Experience of working with web-based recruitment platforms, applicant tracking systems and tools including media such as video, social and professional networks.
- Experience in employer branding, marketing and the creation of promotional materials would be an asset.
- Experience in a context of a Talent Acquisition centre of expertise would be a strong asset.
- Recruitment: including sourcing.
- Marketing, promotion, sponsoring, fundraising: including social and professional media.
- Information content publishing: knowledge and use of applicant tracking systems and other web-based applications.
- Use of Office software packages.
- HR analytics: including KPIs.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships Working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; listening actively to others and letting others speak.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely; seeking and integrating other points of view when tackling an issue; consulting experts in the field and undertaking benchmarking.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; actively participating in the implementation of new processes and technologies.
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts (e.g. conducting interviews) as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 01.06.2021 at 12:00 pm CET (midday).
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: HR-TA-SR-2021-43-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Human Resources Professional