- Ottawa, ON, Canada
CGG Aviation (Canada) Limited, based in Ottawa, provides specialty services in remote sensing, worldwide, using specially modified survey aircraft. We are currently looking for Chief Pilot, interested in travel, to join our operation. We currently operate Cessna 208B Grand Caravans.
The Chief Pilot is responsible to the Director of Flight Operations for the overall supervision of all flying activities in the company, establishing controls and checks to assure that Transport Canada and Company regulations are adhered to at all times. The position of Chief Pilot will require frequent travel to project sites for up to a month at a time, as well as regular office duties supporting the Director of Flight Operations.
Main accountabilities include ensuring company safety policies and procedures are being followed, flying survey aircraft, performing flight training, coordinating standards and resources with his/her counterpart from our Australian office and managing pilot crew scheduling.
• Competitive Salary
• • Life Insurance
• Pension Plan
• Medical and Dental Coverage
• Health and Wellness benefits
• Employee/Family Assistance program
• Short term/Long term disability
ENVIRONMENT AND MAJOR CHALLENGES:
The Chief Pilot works under pressure in a highly flexible environment with changing priorities and challenging deadlines. He/She can spend up to 4 months per year in the field depending on survey and pilot training activity and he/she will be expected to work regularly from our Ottawa base.
• Transport Canada ATPL Licence and valid medical
• Radio License
• High School Diploma
• DC3T type rating preferred
• 3,000 hours total time
• 1,500 hours multi-engine as P.I.C.
• Meet Transport Canada's requirements for Chief Pilot
• Experience flying C208B preferred
• Previous flight training experience preferred
• Experience flying geophysical survey considered a strong asset
• International flight operations experience an asset
• Knowledge of a second language; Spanish or French an asset
• Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision