Graduate Seismic Analyst (for Physics, Engineering & Math majors)
- Calgary, AB, Canada
CGG is a leading Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within Energy sector. Employing around 4,600 people worldwide, we have a unique blend of talent and energy through teamwork to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge technology and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
Position: Seismic Analyst
Working as part of a project-focused team of Seismic Analyst and Seismic Imager, emphasis will be on managing day-to-day operations of large projects, providing optimal quality control, identifying problems, and defining ideal solutions.
Applying practical mathematics and physics skills; along with advanced modeling techniques and cutting-edge data visualization tools, Seismic Analysts create stunning 3D images of the subsurface.
We will provide a comprehensive training program for you to learn to develop and apply the latest data processing, model building & imaging techniques using some of the most advanced CPU & GPU compute facilities in the world to overcome geophysical challenges and create state of the art solutions for our clients.
You will also work closely with our Research and Software Development team to develop new techniques, tools and collaborate with them to publish information about developing technologies.
Please note this vacancy is only open to those graduating in 2020. We would like to hear your motivation for the job so don't forget to attach your cover letter with the application.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in Canada
- Master’s or PhD degree in any of the following disciplines: Physics, Astrophysics/Astronomy, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Geophysics or Applied Mathematics.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Innovative mindset
- Highly self-motivated and eager to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Collaborative team player
- Ideally, but not essentially, some experience with a UNIX environment
- No previous experience required!
Why work at CGG?
- Flexible Start Date: We are flexible with the start date of new graduates.
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment; full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- International career opportunities
- We take care of our biggest asset – Our People!
- Competitive compensation with performance-based bonus program
- Initially 15 days holidays with future increases, complemented by a generous number of paid sick days and personal days
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance and Life Insurance for you and your dependents
- RRSP Company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program to support your personal issues