Geophysical Software Developer
- Milan, Italy, Italy
Where People, Data and Technology Meet
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 4,600 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Multi-Physics Imaging has the largest and most diverse non-seismic presence in the industry. As a powerful part of the wider CGG strategy we are able to provide integrated, flexible and high-end imaging solutions to meet the ever-evolving expectations of the geoscience community.
Using in-house developed software, Multi-Physics Imaging specializes in the analysis, inversion, and interpretation of multiple domain data. Through the intelligent use of data driven inversions, our focus is on generating geologically reliable solutions to geoscience problems.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join us in either our Crawley or Milan offices, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As a geophysical software developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development of our cutting-edge uniquely designed software, used by our scientific teams to analyse and enhance subsurface data. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Working within the Development team the Geophysical Software Developer will ensure efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of core software, whilst maintaining libraries, shared components and technologies. You will also provide support to internal and external users.
- Master's level degree in Computer Science or EE
- Industry experience in C#/.NET software development
- Good knowledge of multithreaded programming
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of C/C++/Fortran applied to scientific computing
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience in development of complex graphical user interfaces
- Knowledge of WPF, GDI or similar 2D vector graphics libraries
- Knowledge of 3D rendering toolkits (such as VTK, OpenInventor or similar)
- Experience in challenges associated to the handling large datasets in memory and on disk
- Experience in mixed language programming and interoperability (C#, C/C++, Fortran) under Windows environment
We look for creative and innovative individuals who are passionate about programming and developing their own technical knowledge to ensure we provide excellent service to our users. Good verbal and written communication is required to succeed, along with excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail. As problem solving is a large aspect of our software development, we need someone who can use their own initiative to take control of and pursue solutions to issues.
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.