Geophysical GIS Analyst
- Houston, TX, USA
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 5,500 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges.
We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s surface and subsurface structures.
CGG Multi-Client New Ventures is recruiting a GIS Analyst to work in the Houston office. This position will report to the MCNV Technical Communications Advisor. The successful candidate will possess experience in a number of ArcGIS applications and computer based skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organization skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Generate accurate, up-to-date, custom maps for sales staff and client presentations
- Create and maintain standard entitlement maps utilizing CGG’s GeoTrove database
- Maintain permit maps and provide GIS deliverables for government and environmental agencies
- Provide presentation quality maps for marketing brochures, web postings, articles and tradeshows
- Provide mapping support for Operations when necessary
- Perform basic spatial analyses to provide informative maps for business development
- Provide geodetic support for Operations and Data Management
- Evaluate new GIS tools and features to determine potential value for the MCNV department
- Manage CGG’s GeoStore and Multi-Client global shapefiles
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, GIS or Geoscience
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of ArcGIS mapping software
- Experience and proficiency using ArcGIS Desktop and ArcPro, minimum 3 years
- Intermediate knowledge of ArcGIS feature editing and data analysis tools
- Proficiency in cartography, data conversions and mapping projections
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge and work experience in the seismic or oil and gas industry
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to complete tasks on time, with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with upper management, co-workers, clients and other external contacts
- Willingness to take ownership of new tasks and projects
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, exceptional people skills and a positive attitude
- Must also have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Preferred: Intermediate to advanced knowledge of geodetics
- Preferred: Experience with ArcGIS Online and StoryMaps
Why choose CGG?
CGG focuses on the strengths and talents of our people and develop learning opportunities that encourage development at every step of your career and encourage you to take ownership of your development by identifying opportunities to further progress your own skills and experience.