Job responsibilities include:
As part of the legal team, the Legal Assistant will report to the in-house legal counsel and provide legal and administrative assistance while participating in the delivery of a full range of legal and administrative support services.
Responsibilities, at a minimum, will include:
- Assisting in-house legal counsel in completing complex real estate transactions and corporate commercial matters.
- Identifying and analyzing legal and administrative information on various issues.
- Preparing, proofreading and/or editing electronic and print correspondence, reports, contracts according to rules of procedures and legal correspondence standards.
- Corresponding and liaising with both internal and external parties regarding a variety of issues (either legal or administrative in nature).
- Performing basic legal research, locating and retrieving information by using a variety of databases.
- Maintaining legal files, organizing, reviewing, and maintaining general knowledge of issues in accordance with legal practice standards.