SR. Plex Consultant
- Austin, TX
CM First is a global software and services company with focus on application modernization, custom development of enterprise applications and the enabling technologies that support high-performing, and agile development teams. The company provides software solutions and professional services for over 400 clients in both the private and public sectors, including banking, IT, tourism, and manufacturing.
CM First USA is located in Austin, Texas at the Tech Ranch Austin, a collection of high tech enterprises located just north of downtown. CM First is a CA Advanced Partner, IBM Advanced Partner, and Sencha Select Partner.
We are currently seeking a senior developer whose primary expertise is in CA Plex development tool. Qualified individuals should have experience with designing complex, data-driven enterprise solutions for modern environments. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and adjust priorities is required, along with an ability to quickly learn new technologies and skills. In addition to bringing your CA Plex skills to the table, you will have an opportunity to learn and apply cutting edge technology with CM WebClient, CM WebClient Mobile, Java, HTML5, and Sencha.
This is an opportunity to be involved in the design, direction, and growth of innovative CM First products and customer projects.
- CA Plex v6.1 or higher
- SQL Server and/or DB2/400
- Web Services (SOAP, REST, WCF)
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and priorities.
- Familiarity with test practices for unit test and system test.
- Experience with and ability to deliver complete documentation for estimates, design and development
- Ability to complete impact analysis across multiple platforms and applications integrated into both internal and external applications and processes.
- General computer science theory and practice, including agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of modern web frameworks in general, Ext JS/Sencha and Dojo preferred.
- Knowledge of IBM i/z, Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems is also a plus.
- Installation, configuration, and management of Java application servers like IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, Tomcat, Resin, Jetty, JBoss, Glassfish etc. is a plus.
- Accountability, Execution and strong customer service are essential prerequisites for this critical role. An ability to achieve results while operating independently with minimal guidance is a must.
- National and international travel is required depending on project activity, % depends on position.
- Candidates selected for interviews expect a thorough technical assessment that will be focused on both on general technical reasoning/programming ability and the specific skills mentioned above.
- Mobile application development experience is a plus.
- Attractive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package, Health, Disability, 401K, and more
- Flexible working arrangements
- Commitment to continuing technical education, with budget for formal training in areas of interest, including HTML5, mobile development, and Java.