- San Antonio, TX
CNG Engineering, PLLC is a San Antonio-based professional mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering design firm specializing in a wide range of project types and sizes. We provide management, technical studies, site investigations, design, and construction administration services for both the private and public sectors.
CNG’s mission has been dedicated to providing MEP designs that are clear, concise and complete. This streamlined approach is backed by our motto: Attention to Detail, which further emphasizes the value of being thorough in every aspect of our work. We have not wavered from this approach and find that these elements as well as our strict policy of completing projects in a timely and accurate manner have contributed to our success.
This position reports to the Project Managers for MEP/HVAC design projects. Primary responsibilities include design work using CADD and/or Revit applications.
- Manage assigned projects including coordination with a multi-discipline design team and oversight of production assigned to staff
- Design of Plumbing systems in all sizes of commercial buildings
- Design interior piping systems for commercial applications
- Perform hydraulic, pressure loss and pump head calculations
- Perform all other necessary calculations to support system designs
- Attend design and/or construction meetings
- Perform construction site visits
- Able to work flexible hours depending on the progress of a project.
- Develop meeting minutes and/or site observation reports
- Provide overall direction for design team from inception to completion on a project-specific basis.
- 5 - 7 years experience in performing Plumbing Design and Construction Administration for a variety of building projects, including development of construction documents i.e. plans, specs, cost estimates, calculations
- Ability to interact and perform as part of a team including project coordination with clients
- Excellent organizational and cross-disciplinary communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in Auto CAD, MS Excel and MS Word required
- Proficiency in HVAC load analysis software (i.e. Trane Trace) and Revit preferred
- Commercial, education, and federal design experience a plus
- Knowledge of building and plumbing codes
Business hours are Mon 8a-5:30p, Tues-Thurs 7:30a-5:530p and Fri 7:30a-12p.