Linux System Administrator
- Allen Park, MI
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC®, is a worldwide provider of telematics and analytics solutions currently serving the transportation industries in the light duty, heavy duty, agriculture, locomotive, and industrial sectors. CT® combines affordable information technology with comprehensive data acquisition to provide an enterprise solution for fleet management, product development and quality. More than 80% of US automotive OEMs have utilized our tools to deliver the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed in today's environment.
CONTROLTEC is seeking a hardworking, knowledgeable and detail oriented Systems Administrator. The successful candidate will be team-oriented, should interact well with clients and high levels of the organization, and is able to take a project from inception to completion with moderate direction. Positive attitude is essential.
- Responsible for the daily administration of Linux environment(s) and related servers.
- Responsible for providing application and server support with one of our large clients.
- Help maintain and execute disaster recovery plans.
- Install, test and administer enhancements to new and existing servers.
- Run daily health checks to ensure seamless operation and to ensure 100% uptime.
- Ensure data recoverability by conducting a schedule of system/disaster recovery scenarios.
- Configure backups and verify they are completing successfully.
- Coordinate updates internally with product development teams.
- Work to ensure application performance consistency.
- Provide international clients with application support.
- Troubleshoot both internal & client tickets.
- 1-2 years of System Administration experience, in a Linux environment.
- 1-2 years experience with server hardware & networking.
- Knowledge of installation, upgrades and troubleshooting a Linux system.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization and client base.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with Ubuntu or other Debian based distributions.
- BASH scripting experience a plus.
- DBA experience a plus.
- Python scripting experience a plus.
- Network/Security experience a plus
- 4-year degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com