Software Developer - Java/Adobe Flex/Flash
- Allen Park, MI
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC®, is a worldwide provider of telematics and analytics solutions currently serving the transportation industries in the light duty, heavy duty, agriculture, locomotive, and industrial sectors. CT® combines affordable information technology with comprehensive data acquisition to provide an enterprise solution for fleet management, product development and quality. More than 80% of US automotive OEMs have utilized our tools to deliver the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed in today's environment.
The Developer – Java emphasis – will develop, create, and modify Web based application software or specialized programs. The primary application among this team is the tool used by Control-Tec employees and customers to configure ‘what’ vehicles should capture, ‘when’ they should capture it, and ‘which’ vehicles should be doing it.
- Develop, or assist in the development of a statement of requirements for software development projects and features.
- Write detailed description of user needs, system design, program functions, and steps required to modify applications.
- Design, code, test, and debug according to requirements, providing unit and integration tests as required.
- Install applications into production environments following change control processes.
- Work with business users to develop and implement timing and acceptance test plan to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Work with Control-Tec end users and team members regarding training on new features, validation efforts, and bug investigations.
- Maintain regular communication on project status with team lead, project management, and executive management.
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software.
- Stay current in training of the latest software and computer technology.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent from a four-year college and four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of both.
- Have 1+ years in Java Development and J2EE Web design and programming.
- Have 1+ years of SQL relational database design (MySQL). Experience with noSQL (Mongo) designs a plus.
- Experience with XML & JSON.
- Experience with Adobe Flex/Flash Builder & ActionScript a plus.
- Experience in UI design including, but not limited to, datagrids, filtering, drag and drop, menus, and user customization a plus.
- Experience with Source Code tools (GIT, Jira, BitBucket/Stash, Bamboo) a plus.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com