- Marysville, OH
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC®, is a worldwide provider of telematics and analytics solutions currently serving the transportation industries in the light duty, heavy duty, agriculture, locomotive, and industrial sectors. CT® combines affordable information technology with comprehensive data acquisition to provide an enterprise solution for fleet management, product development and quality. More than 80% of US automotive OEMs have utilized our tools to deliver the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed in today's environment.
This position will consist of developing and supporting various engineering projects related to engine/vehicle control systems in the OE and aftermarket sectors.
- Assist in Supplier Management and assist engineers with product tests
- Track and maintain Vehicle Data Recorder (VDR) functionality
- Ensure VDR’s are functioning and recording data
- Ensure that the VDR’s remain up to date with current software and firmware levels
- Maintain all components of VDR system
- Installations and de-installations, as necessary
- Maintain hardware inventory
- Respond to all VDR diagnostic codes that are generated from the customer fleet
- Review customer data to verify correctness, completeness, and data fidelity
- Work with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to engineers on customer problems and requests
- Develop or assist in the development of a statement of requirements for engineering projects. Confer with customer to review and clarify requirements.
- Gather voice of the customer feedback for software design engineers to solve customer issues and implement new solutions to satisfy customer needs related to powertrain/vehicle system development, validation, and testing.
- Establish and maintain customer/internal data creation standards
- Maintain customer/supplier contact and assist in Supplier Management
- Bachelor’s Degree -Automotive, Electrical orMechanical Engineering, preferred.
- Knowledge of OE & aftermarket engine,transmission, and OBD vehicle calibration and product development systems
- Directly modify or specify new componentsof the data acquisition system to ensure it meets customer design andperformance requirements for powertrain/vehicle system development andvalidation.
- Research, analyze, and assist in theimplementation of innovative methods to collect and present powertrain/vehiclesystems data and information, which increases value to the customer.
- Confer with engineers and other personnelto root cause and resolve system malfunctions, implement operating procedures,and provide technical information to the customer.
- Conduct engineering tests that will analyzethe feasibility, design, operation, and performance of Control-Tec equipment,software, and systems
- Develop engineering solutions withinassigned project(s) scope and timing
- Ability to see the “big picture” andunderstand how individual tasks interconnect and impact other parts of thetesting process.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com