Software Developer (C/C++)
- Allen Park, MI
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC, LLC is a start-up technology-based company specializing in vehicle data acquisition systems & custom analysis software for the light and heavy-duty transportation industries. Our Vehicle Data Recorders record data in near real-time from the vehicle and upload the data via cellular from six continents.
We are focused on acquiring innovative minds with a true passion for creativity and development - merging the worlds of information technology and engineering, data analysis and software development.
Our work environment is friendly, business casual, family oriented and welcoming to all. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with partners around the globe and across multiple cultures. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth and recognizing a job well done. Our associates are our most valuable asset and we invest in them through training, total rewards, benefits & perks, and creating a fun, friendly environment.
The C/C++ Software Developer will assist in the development, creation and modification of software applications for use in the automotive testing industry. You will be challenged to solve problems with cutting-edge technology, to deliver the highest quality service to our customers. Creativity and self-motivation is essential for this role. The developers have the ability to create from inception to implementation at a fast pace.
We Are Looking For People Who…
- Have a passion for technology, software and data
- Welcome a challenge, enjoy the freedom to create and use their imagination
- Enjoy working in a high-energy, unstructured environment, possibly as part of a project team
- Think ‘out of the box’ and strive for instant gratification of quick implementation of ideas and products
- Develop, design and test C/C++ software projects for client use to optimize operational efficiency
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers and programmers to incorporate system requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance
- Coordinate software and hardware system installation and monitor equipment functionality to ensure specifications are met
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ with structured software design methodology
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Shell/Bash scripting is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Independent problem solving ability
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and automotive networks, such as CAN, is preferred but not required
- Must have a valid U.S. Drivers License
1-2 years work experience desired, preferably at an automotive OEM or supplier
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive benefits package to full time, salaried employees, including but not limited to:
- Medical / Prescription, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) & company match
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Attire: Casual dress code
- Snacks: Healthy snacks and beverages are provided daily for all employees
- Discount on personal mobile phone service
- Flexible Work Environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.